School building on Tegnérlunden 5
|School type||Private school|
|Motto||Kärlek som grund. Ordning som stöd, Framsteg som mål.|
(Love as a foundation. Order as support. Progress as a goal.)
|Number of students||500 (both school and upper secondary school)|
Enskilda Gymnasiet (EG) is an independent upper secondary school from the 10th-12th grade and school from the 6th-9th grade, founded in 1913. Enskilda Gymnasiet is located at Tegnérlunden 5 near Tegnérlunden, in central Stockholm, Sweden. There are long waiting lists to the school, which accepts only 60 new students each year.
The school is the 10-year champion of DN Nutidsorientering, a general knowledge competition, in which over 90 percent of all schools in Sweden participate. Enskilda Gymnasiet is widely regarded as one of the top schools in Sweden.
Enskilda Gymnasiet was founded by a group of academics in 1913, and is currently owned by the parents of the students. The school's first location was Biblioteksgatan 32. Since 1973 the school has been housed in a house built in 1876, which had been the home of Wallinska Skolan.
Educational facilities include classrooms, a computer room, an art studio, and a hall for music. Student leisure rooms include a ping pong room and a common room. EG also has an auditorium, with decorations intact from the building's inauguration, inspired by contemporary opera halls.
Active engagement in sports is strongly encouraged at EG. Students are invited to participate in sports outside of the regular education and can also qualify to represent the school through different teams and participate in the long-running tournaments of SIPSI (Sweden's Boarding and Private Schools' Sports Organization).
Relationships with other schools
Well-known alumni of Enskilda Gymnasiet include:
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden
- Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland
- Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland
- Karl-Johan Persson, CEO of H&M
- Aron Flam, comedian and author
- Elsa Hosk supermodel
- Magnus Uggla Swedish pop and rock singer
- "ストックホルム日本人補習学校の概要" Japanska Skolan i Stockholm. Retrieved on December 20, 2017. " 学校協会事務所 [...] Högbergsgatan 68A, 118 54 Stockholm SWEDEN [...] 借用校舎（Enskilda校、[...] Enskilda Gymnasiet Tegnérlunden 5 111 61 STOCKHOLM"
- Enskilda Gymnasiet Website – Swedish
|This Swedish school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|