|Company||Entrepreneur Media, Inc.|
|Based in||Irvine, California, U.S.|
Entrepreneur is an American magazine and website that carries news stories about entrepreneurship, small business management, and business. The magazine was first published in 1977. It is published by Entrepreneur Media Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California. The magazine publishes 10 issues annually, available through subscription and on newsstands. It is published under license internationally in Mexico, Russia, India, Hungary, the Philippines, South Africa, and others. Its editor-in-chief is Jason Feifer and its owner is Peter Shea.
In 1996, the magazine launched its website, Entrepreneur.com, which expanded to include features, contests and other publications and spin-offs. As of 2013, the website received more than 6 million unique visitors each month.
Entrepreneur publishes the Entrepreneur StartUps magazine, available through subscription and on newsstands.
In 1999, the website YoungEntrepreneur.com was created as a spin-off of Entrepreneur.com. It is an online forum for young entrepreneurs.
In 2010, Entrepreneur launched the website SecondAct.com, which is targeted towards an older audience. When launched, the site used advertising as its sole source of revenue.
Entrepreneur also publishes books through its Entrepreneur Press division. The company has a backlist of over 200 titles on business and entrepreneurship.
On April 2017, Reid Hoffman announced the launch of a new podcast called "Masters of Scale", hosted by Entrepreneur magazine. In each episode, Reid acts as the host, introducing a counterintuitive business theory and proving it out through the episode through a series of conversations with successful entrepreneurs. Masters of Scale is committed to a 50-50 gender balance. The official podcast launched on 5 May 2017 on the Entrepreneur Magazine website but is now hosted at mastersofscale.com. Episodes so far feature guests such as Mark Zuckerberg, Brian Chesky, Sheryl Sandberg, Stewart Butterfield, Diane Greene, John Elkann and Nancy Lublin.
The company has been involved in many lawsuits regarding its trademark on the word 'entrepreneur', suing a wide variety of entities for using the word. The trademark has generally attracted criticism for being on a commonly used word for which there is no substitute, and the aggressiveness with which it is applied has been noted as somewhat ironic; Business Week asked "why would the publisher of Entrepreneur magazine be bullying entrepreneurs?"
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Archived from the original on April 18, 2014. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Entrepreneurship Education Chronology". Saint Louis University. Archived from the original on September 19, 2015. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- Todd A. Finkle; David Deeds. "Trends in the Market for Entrepreneurship Faculty, 1989–1998" (PDF). Journal of Business Venturing. 16. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Contact Us". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on January 2, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2009.
- "About us". Entrepreneur Magazine Online, South Africa. 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-03-24.
- "Entrepreneur Media, Inc". April 2, 2013. Archived from the original on April 7, 2011 – via Businessweek.
- "About the Franchise 500®". Entrepreneur. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-04-10.
- "Entrepreneur Media Kit. About us". Entrepreneur. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02.
- "PRNewsire (2013, March 25) "Mimvi and Entrepreneur Media Join Forces to Launch App Developer Crowdfunding and Discovery Program, TrepLabs™". cnbc.com (Press release).[permanent dead link]
- "Entrepreneur Startups Magazine". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on 15 June 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- http://blog.entrepreneur.com Archived 2010-07-22 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-10. Retrieved 2013-04-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2013-04-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Fell, Jason (January 1, 2010). "Entrepreneur Magazine To Take on AARP with New Web Site". Archived from the original on November 20, 2012.
- "Entrepreneur Press - Start, Run & Grow Your Business". entrepreneur.com. Archived from the original on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Edmonston, Peter. (December 11, 2006). "In Web Traffic Tallies, Intruders Can Say You Visited Them Archived 2016-12-28 at the Wayback Machine." The New York Times.
- Bryan Wassel (October 30, 2007). "Entrepreneur Media Tangles again with Scott Smith--Another Chapter in a Long Relationship Archived 2013-12-07 at the Wayback Machine". MIN online.
- Barrett, P. M. (2011, May 19). "Entrepreneur, the magazine that sues entrepreneurs Archived 2013-03-31 at the Wayback Machine." Business Week.