Erin Moriarty (actress)
Moriarty at the 2015 New York Comic Con
Erin Moriarty (born June 24, 1994) is an American actress. She has had recurring roles on the television series One Life to Live and True Detective, was a series regular on Red Widow and Jessica Jones, and has appeared in supporting roles in several films. As of 2019[update], Moriarty is part of the main cast of Amazon Prime Video's original series The Boys based on the comic book series of the same name, playing Annie January / Starlight.
Erin was born and raised in New York City, New York. She began acting as young as 11 years old, starring as Annie in a 2005 community theater production of Annie. Upon graduation from high school, she deferred attending college to act.
Moriarty's first roles were in The Kings of Summer; The Watch (as Vince Vaughn's daughter); and Red Widow. She had a recurring role on season 1 of True Detective as Audrey Hart, the problem child of Woody Harrelson's character. She appeared in Blood Father, a 2016 film starring Mel Gibson. Her role as Gibson's daughter in Blood Father received praise from critics such as Manohla Dargis of The New York Times, Alonso Duralde of TheWrap, and Owen Gleiberman of Variety, but Ignatiy Vishnevetsky of The A.V. Club felt she was unconvincing and Allen Salkin of the New York Daily News felt she was overshadowed by the likes of Gibson and William H. Macy. In September 2014, Erin Moriarty was named one of the best actors under twenty years of age by IndieWire. In Captain Fantastic, she plays the love interest of George MacKay's character. In season one of Jessica Jones, Moriarty played a college student with a difficult life.
In December 2017, she was cast as Annie January / Starlight in The Boys, Amazon Studios adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's comic book of the same name. The series was released July 2019, and was renewed for a second season. In 2019, Moriarty also had a starring role in the film Driven about the sting operation which brought down auto mogul John DeLorean.
|2012||The Watch||Chelsea McAllister|
|2013||The Kings of Summer||Kelly|
|2014||After the Dark||Vivian|
|2016||Blood Father||Lydia Link|
|2016||Captain Fantastic||Claire McCune||Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture |
Nominated—Seattle Film Critics Society Award for Best Ensemble Cast
|2017||Kong: Skull Island||Bar Guest #3||Cameo|
|2018||The Miracle Season||Kelley Fliehler|
|2018||The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir||Marie Rivière|
|2018||Monster Party||Alexis Dawson|
|2010||One Life to Live||Whitney Bennett||6 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dru||Episode: "Flight"|
|2013||Red Widow||Natalie Walraven||Main role; 8 episodes|
|2014||True Detective||Audrey Hart||3 episodes|
|2015||Jessica Jones||Hope Shlottman||Main role; 7 episodes|
|2019–present||The Boys||Annie January / Starlight||Main role|
- "Erin Moriarty". Maxim. May 28, 2013. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Get To Know Actress Erin Moriarty--Our Favorite Fresh New Face". WhoWhatWear.com. March 20, 2013. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Mathews, Dana (February 2013). "Erin Moriarty on Starring in Sundance Favorite 'Toy's House'". Teen Vogue. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Strassler, Doug (November 18, 2005). "Evergreen". Off Off Online. Archived from the original on October 10, 2011.
- "Annie - St. Jean's Players". St. Jeans Players. Retrieved February 29, 2020.
and Erin Moriarty as Annie.
- Holden, Stephen (May 30, 2013). "Into the Hormonal Wild". The New York Times. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Duralde, Alonso (May 29, 2013). "'The Kings of Summer' Review: A Giddy, Goofy Teenage Lark". TheWrap. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Schwarzbaum, Lisa (August 6, 2012). "The Watch". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (March 10, 2014). "'True Detective's' Erin Moriarty to Star in New Line's 'Crawlspace' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Busch, Anita (June 23, 2016). "Erin Moriarty & Danika Yarosh Team On Inspirational Sports Movie 'Live Like Line'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- "Erin Moriarty to Co-Star With Mel Gibson in Blood Father". Variety. April 24, 2014. Retrieved June 6, 2014.
- Dargis, Manohla (August 25, 2016). "Review: In 'Blood Father,' Mel Gibson Plays With Pulp Fiction". The New York Times. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Duralde, Alonso (July 2, 2016). "'Blood Father' Karlovy Vary Review: Mel Gibson Strikes Grindhouse Gold". TheWrap. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Gleiberman, Owen (May 21, 2016). "Cannes Film Review: 'Blood Father'". Variety. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Vishnevetsky, Ignatiy (August 11, 2016). "Mel Gibson attempts an action-comedy comeback in Blood Father". The A.V. Club. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Salkin, Allen (August 19, 2016). "Mel Gibson returns in 'Blood Father' with chance for another ride through revenge thriller genre: movie review". New York Daily News. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Staff, The Playlist. "On The Rise: 20 Actors To Watch That Are Under 20". IndieWire. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- Zacharek, Stephanie (June 23, 2016). "Father Doesn't Always Know Best In Captain Fantastic". Time. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Narasaki, Rosie (November 23, 2015). "Who Is Hope Shlottman On 'Jessica Jones'? Erin Moriarty Gives Our Hero A New Mission". Bustle. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie & Petski, Denise (December 18, 2017). "'The Boys': Erin Moriarty Cast In Amazon's Superhero Drama Series Based On Comic Book". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 18, 2018.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Petski, Denise (July 19, 2019). "'The Boys' Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon; Aya Cash Closes Deal As Stormfront". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 19, 2019.