Erin Moriarty (actress)
Erin Moriarty at the 2015 New York Comic Con
June 24, 1994 |
New York City, U.S.
Erin Moriarty (born June 24, 1994) is an American actress. She has had recurring roles on One Life to Live and True Detective, been a series regular on Red Widow and Jessica Jones and appeared in supporting roles in several movies.
Among her first notable roles were in the center of a love triangle with Nick Robinson and Gabriel Basso in The Kings of Summer, in The Watch as Vince Vaughn's daughter, and in Red Widow. She had a recurring role on season 1 of True Detective as Audrey Hart, the problem child of Woody Harrelson's character. She appeared in Blood Father, a 2016 film also featuring Mel Gibson. Her role as Gibson's daughter in Blood Father received praise from critics such as Manohla Dargis of The New York Times, Alonso Duralde of TheWrap, and Owen Gleiberman of Variety, but Ignatiy Vishnevetsky of The A.V. Club felt she was unconvincing and Allen Salkin of the New York Daily News felt she was overshadowed by the likes of Gibson and William H. Macy. In Captain Fantastic, she plays the love interest of George MacKay's character. In season 1, of Jessica Jones, Moriarty played the critical role of a college student with a difficult life, but was not a central character.
|2013||The Kings of Summer||Kelly|
|2014||After the Dark||Vivian|
|2016||Blood Father||Lydia Link|
2016. Within. Hannah
|2010||One Life to Live||Whitney Bennett||6 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dru||Episode: "Flight"|
|2013||Red Widow||Natalie Walraven||Series Regular; 8 episodes|
|2014||True Detective||Audrey Hart||3 episodes|
|2015||Jessica Jones||Hope Shlottman||Series Regular; 7 episodes|
- "Erin Moriarty". Maxim. May 28, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Get To Know Actress Erin Moriarty--Our Favorite Fresh New Face". WhoWhatWear.com. March 20, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Mathews, Dana (February 2013). "Erin Moriarty on Starring in Sundance Favorite 'Toy's House'". Teen Vogue. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Holden, Stephen (May 30, 2013). "Into the Hormonal Wild". The New York Times. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Duralde, Alonso (May 29, 2013). "'The Kings of Summer' Review: A Giddy, Goofy Teenage Lark". TheWrap. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Schwarzbaum, Lisa (August 6, 2012). "The Watch". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (March 10, 2014). "'True Detective's' Erin Moriarty to Star in New Line's 'Crawlspace' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Busch, Anita (2016-06-23). "Erin Moriarty & Danika Yarosh Team On Inspirational Sports Movie 'Live Like Line'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Erin Moriarty to Co-Star With Mel Gibson in Blood Father". Variety. April 24, 2014. Retrieved June 6, 2014.
- Dargis, Manohla (2016-08-25). "Review: In 'Blood Father,' Mel Gibson Plays With Pulp Fiction". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Duralde, Alonso (2016-07-02). "'Blood Father' Karlovy Vary Review: Mel Gibson Strikes Grindhouse Gold". TheWrap. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Gleiberman, Owen (2016-05-21). "Cannes Film Review: 'Blood Father'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Vishnevetsky, Ignatiy (2016-08-11). "Mel Gibson attempts an action-comedy comeback in Blood Father". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Salkin, Allen (2016-08-19). "Mel Gibson returns in 'Blood Father' with chance for another ride through revenge thriller genre: movie review". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Zacharek, Stephanie (2016-06-23). "Father Doesn't Always Know Best In Captain Fantastic". Time. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Narasaki, Rosie (2015-11-23). "Who Is Hope Shlottman On 'Jessica Jones'? Erin Moriarty Gives Our Hero A New Mission". Bustle. Retrieved 2016-10-16.