Iverson in 2009
February 11, 1973 |
Menomonie, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Genres||Jazz, avant-garde jazz|
|Labels||Fresh Sound, Sunnyside, HighNote, Criss Cross|
|Associated acts||The Bad Plus|
Iverson was born in Menomonie, Wisconsin. Before The Bad Plus, he was musical director for the Mark Morris Dance Group and a student of both Fred Hersch and Sophia Rosoff. He has worked with artists such as Billy Hart, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Tim Berne, Mark Turner, Ben Street, Lee Konitz, Albert "Tootie" Heath, Paul Motian, Larry Grenadier, Charlie Haden and Ron Carter.
- School Work (Mons, 1993) – with Dewey Redman, Johannes Weidermueller and Falk Willis
- Construction Zone (Originals) (Fresh Sound New Talent, 1998) – with Reid Anderson and Jorge Rossy
- Deconstruction Zone (Standards) (Fresh Sound New Talent, 1998) with Reid Anderson and Jorge Rossy
- The Minor Passions (Fresh Sound New Talent, 1999) – with Reid Anderson and Billy Hart
- Live at Smalls (Fresh Sound New Talent, 2000) – with Bill McHenry, Reid Anderson and Jeff Williams
- Costumes Are Mandatory (HighNote, 2013) – with Lee Konitz, Larry Grenadier and Jorge Rossy
- The Purity of the Turf (Criss Cross, 2016) – with Ron Carter, and Nasheet Waits
With The Bad Plus
- The Bad Plus (2001)
- Authorized Bootleg: New York 12/16/01 (2002)
- These Are the Vistas (2003)
- Give (2004)
- Blunt Object: Live in Tokyo (1999)
- Suspicious Activity? (2005)
- Prog (2007)
- For All I Care (2008 Europe, 2009 North America)
- Never Stop (2010)
- Made Possible (2012)
- The Rite of Spring (2014)
- Inevitable Western (2014)
- The Bad Plus Joshua Redman (2015)
- It's Hard (2016)
With Albert Heath
- Live at Small's (2010)
- Tootie's Tempo (2013)
With Billy Hart
- Duck (2008)
- Y En El 2000 Tambien... (EPSA Music, Argentina)
With Patrick Zimmerli
- Twelve Sacred Dances (1998)
- "Bad Plus". Current Biography Yearbook 2011. Ipswich, MA: H.W. Wilson. 2011. pp. 30–33. ISBN 9780824211219.
- Adler, David R. "Ethan Iverson | Biography & History | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Pianist Ethan Iverson joined New England Conservatory's jazz studio faculty in 2016". New England Conservatory. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "The Bad Plus to Part Ways with Founding Pianist Ethan Iverson". 10 April 2017.
|This article about an American pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|