Fatah Ka Fatwa
|Fatah Ka Fatwa|
|Created by||Zee News|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi/ Urdu|
|No. of episodes||17|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||7 January– 6 May 2017|
Fatah Ka Fatwa (Hindi: फ़तह का फ़तवा) is an all-Muslim discussion show, hosted by secularist and liberal activist Tarek Fatah on Hindi news channel Zee News. The 17-episodes show focuses on Muslim issues like Islamic terrorism, Hijab, Kafir, Nikah mut‘ah, Nikah Halala, Islamic banking and finance, Child marriage etc. The series tries to explain various facets of the Quran as well as other theological nuggets of Islam. Asian Paints was initially the sponsor of the programme but company had to withdraw its support after an online petition was started calling Indian Muslims to boycott the brand, but later yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved Ltd. stepped forward to offer the crucial sponsor support to Zee News and became its sponsor. Season 1 of the show ended on 6 May 2017.
- Arif Mohammad Khan
- Zakia Soman
- Naish Hasan
- Shabnam Khan
- Amina Shervani
- Shazia Ilmi
- Sheeba Aslam Fehmi
- Dr. Sheerin Masroor
- Shabnam Siddiqui
- Lubna Sarwath
- Rahman Abbas
- Capt. Sikander Rizvi
- Zeenat Shaukat Ali
- H Abdul Raqeeb
- Mohammed Hanif Khan Shastri
- Maulana Ansar Raza
- Amber Zaidi
- Gulrez Sheikh
- Maulana Mohammed Hameed Kausar.
- Maulana Sajid Rashidi
|Episode||Topic||Original Air date|
|Debate on Islamic terrorism|
|Debate on Hijab in Islam|
|Debate on Kafir|
|Debate on Triple talaq in India|
|Debate on Muslim Ulemas and Maulana pressure|
|Debate with Muslim women for Ulemas and Maulana pressure|
|Debate on Muslim as Vote Bank|
|Debate on Freedom of Speech in Islam and Intolerance at Rekhta|
|Voter Fraud via Burqa|
|On Islamic Haj subsidy|
|Caste system in Muslims|
|Debate on Triple talaq|
|Debate on Nikah Halala|
|Debate on adoption in Islam|
|Debate on Nikah mut‘ah|
|Debate on Islamic banking and finance|
|Debate on Jihad|
The show was well received. The show noticed a huge engagement on social media with the #FatahKaFatwa trending on Twitter. An orthodox radical Maulana Ansar Raza who heads the ‘Gareeb Nawaz Foundation’ NGO filed a PIL against Fatah Ka Fatwa show. In February 2017, Rashtriya Ulama Council complained to ECI to ask Zee News to stop the programme on as it is polarising voters ahead of Uttar Pradesh assembly polls. A Bareilly-based radical Islamic organisation All India Faizan-e-Madina Council asked to halt the show.
- Delhi High Court has sent notice to Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India) and asked a reply on ‘Fatah ka Fatwa’ against the allegation of blasphemy, by a petition of the Mullahs. They demanded to ban the show; and also asked to remove the content from YouTube.
- "From Pakistan to Zee News: Why India's Right loves the controversial Tarek Fatah". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "On the cards at Delhi Literature Festival: demonetisation and nationalism". Hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "विवादों के क़िले फ़तह करने वाले तारेक़". Bbc.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Harbir Singh: Tarek Fatah helps us all by confronting Islamofascism". torontosun.com. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "Sania Mirza's tennis attire branded un-Islamic by religious cleric - VIDEOS INSIDE! | Zee News". Zeenews.india.com. 2017-01-15. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Tarek Fatah, controversial TV personality, involved in fracas at Urdu festival in Delhi". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "A bounty on my head, I'm a virtual prisoner in Delhi". Torontosun.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Hounding of Tarek Fatah at Jashn-e-Rekhta must be condemned". Dailyo.in. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Newslaundry". Newslaundry. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Muslim Cleric Claims That Sania Mirza's Tennis Dress is "Sexual"". Hindaily.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Serial Episode On". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Asian Paints Withdraws Support to Fatah ka Fatwa; Patanjali Steps Forward to Support Hate Campaign". Caravan Daily. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "'Your throat will be slit': Canadian's Muslim talk show in India triggers threats, a bounty on his head". News.nationalpost.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- @FatahKaFatwa (21 January 2017). "To share your opinions, criticism or..." (Tweet). Retrieved 2017-07-23 – via Twitter.
- "Muslim cleric approaches Delhi HC to halt 'Fatah Ka Fatwa'". Indiasamvad.co.in. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "HC seeks govt's reply on plea to halt TV show 'Fatah Ka Fatwa'". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Cleric announces bounty on heads of Tarek Fatah, Subhash Chandra". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Muslim organisation announces Rs 10 lakh reward for beheading Tarek Fatah". Hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Bareilly-based Muslim organisation offers Rs 10 lakh for beheading Islamic scholar Tarek Fatah". The Indian Express. 2017-02-25. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Delhi High Court sent Notice to Information and Broadcasting on 'Fatah Ka Fatwa' Show – Irony of India". Ironyofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-09.