Ferlyn in May 2013
Ferlyn Wong Jing Ling
February 1, 1992
|Other names||Ferlyn G|
Ferlyn Wong (Korean: 페린; born February 1, 1992), better known by her stage name, Ferlyn G, is a Singaporean singer, dancer and actress. Originally based in South Korea, she was a member of South Korean girl group, Skarf. Ferlyn left Skarf in 2014 to prepare for her solo debut.
Born and raised in Singapore, Ferlyn is fluent in both English and Mandarin and also Korean after spending two years in South Korea preparing for her debut in Skarf. She released her debut EP, First on January 2, 2015. In 2015, Ferlyn announced that she would be leaving iGlobal Star to set up her own label, GIF Music. She made her feature film debut in When Ghost Meets Zombie (2019).
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Born on February 1, 1992, Ferlyn is the younger sibling in her family. Before auditioning for Alpha Entertainment, she was a trainee at Ocean Butterflies International, where she did backup dancing for JJ Lin, Rainie Yang and Wang Lee Hom. Ferlyn was also a business student at Temasek Polytechnic and had quit her studies at the institution after being accepted during the audition. She moved to South Korea to prepare for her debut in a girl group.
2012–2013: Debut with Skarf, cameo in It Takes Two and Luv Virus
After passing the audition by JYP & Alpha Entertainment, she debuted in Skarf, a four-member girl group with another Singaporean member, Tasha and two other Korean members.
On August 13, 2012, Skarf debuted with Oh! Dance and performed the song on KBS's Music Bank on August 17, 2012. Ferlyn had also made a cameo appearance in Singaporean TV series, It Takes Two with other Skarf members.
2014–2015: Departure from Skarf, First and Gif To You
On September 16, 2014, it was announced that Ferlyn will be leaving SKarf and will release a solo mandarin EP by 2015.
On January 2, 2015, Ferlyn released her debut EP, First after a series of teasers. The EP consists of two Mandarin tracks and one Korean track. The Korean track, titled Luv Talk features Mint from Tiny-G. She held a press conference on the day of release in the Atrium at Bugis+, in Singapore and will be promoting her album in Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and Malaysia.
Ferlyn left Alpha Entertainment in 2015 and co-founded an independent record label and artist management company, GIF Music. On November 17, 2015, she released a self-composed hip-hop single in English, Gif To You, which was released digitally on November 17, 2015.
2019–present: First lead role
In 2018, it was announced that Wong was cast in a horror-comedy film, titled When Ghost Meets Zombie, playing in her first lead role. She was paired up with fellow singer, Nathan Hartono. The film was released on 14 February 2019, and the official theme song, "等" was released on 25 January 2019 on Warner Music Singapore's Youtube channel. Her second single for the film, "匆匆" was released on AC Music Entertainment's Youtube Channel.
- First (2015)
|"GIF To You"||2015||Digital download, streaming||N/A|
|等||2019||When Ghost Meets Zombie OST||With Nathan Hartono|
|2016||Young & Fabulous||Yumi||Supporting role|
|2017||The Fortune Handbook||Fortune God intern||Cameo|
|2019||When Ghost Meets Zombie||Zhen Zhen||First lead role|
Pairs up with Nathan Hartono
|2012||It Takes Two||MediaCorp Channel 8||Herself||Cameo|
|2015||Lion Moms||MediaCorp Channel 5||Cameo|
|2012||Oh! My Skarf||MBC||Herself||Reality show about Skarf's lives before debut|
|2013||Korean Art Idol Competition – Everyone Gather||Herself||In 6th Place|
- "FERLYN DEPARTS FROM GIRL GROUP SKARF TO BECOME THE LEADER OF AN UPCOMING K-POP GROUP". Korea Boo. 16 September 2014. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "JYP/ Alpha 2010 audition results". SEOUL RHYTHMS. April 15, 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Singaporean ex-K-pop star Ferlyn Wong sets up company with two partners: I want to do it my way". AsiaOne. November 19, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- "The S factor in K-pop". Asia News Network. August 8, 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "My daughter is a (rising) K-pop star: S'porean mum". Yahoo Singapore. October 4, 2012.
- "Korean-Singaporean girl group Skarf releases debut MV teaser for "Oh! Dance"". allkpop. August 8, 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Rookie group Skarf releases MV for "Oh! Dance"". allkpop. August 14, 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Korean-Singaporean girl group Skarf debuts with "Oh! Dance" on 'Music Bank'!". allkpop. August 17, 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Skarf practice their "Luv Virus" moves in new choreography video". allkpop. June 10, 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Ferlyn leaves K-pop group Skarf". The New Paper. September 16, 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Getting to know the real former SKarf member Ferlyn G". MeRadio. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- "Lack of opportunities drove Ferlyn G out of SKarf". Xinmsn. January 6, 2015. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- "Many firsts for 'When Ghost Meets Zombie' leads Nathan Hartono and Ferlyn G". thepoppingpost.com. June 29, 2018. Retrieved July 6, 2018.