|Created by||Joanna Ferrone
Fido Dido / / is a cartoon character created by Joanna Ferrone and Sue Rose. Rose first developed the character in 1985, on a napkin in a restaurant. They later stenciled Fido on T-shirts with the credo: "Fido is for Fido, Fido is against no one". These T-shirts became very popular in New York.
Fido Dido was licensed to PepsiCo in 1987, but the character did not receive much attention or popularity until the early 1990s, when he appeared on numerous products, particularly stationery. Later, he was replaced with Cool Spot as the brand mascot.
Fido Dido reappeared in the 2000s, and is still, as of April 2015[update], used on cans and advertising for 7 Up in countries worldwide. Fido Dido has been licensed to Pepsico and Slice brands in markets outside the United States; 7 Up, a product of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, is licensed to Pepsico for manufacture and distribution in markets outside the United States.
Fido Dido is also used on PepsiCo's Turkish soft drink Fruko.
In 1992, in the United Kingdom, Fido Dido appeared in his own magazine. The first edition introduced his family, and was titled M"eet the Fidos". It was published by Ravette Publishing.
In 1993, a video game called Fido Dido was made by Kaneko for the Super NES and Sega Genesis. However, it was never released, because the publisher Kaneko's United States branch shut down in the summer of 1994. There was a Neopets sponsor game starring Fido Dido.
- "Fido Dido returns as face of 7UP". B&T. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Solomon, Charles (1992-09-27). "Fido Dido has universal appeal". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Freitag, Michael (1989-09-03). "STYLEMAKERS; Susan Rose and Joanna Ferrone - Entrepreneurs". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "A suitable boy". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- "Central Florida Riding A Wave Of Fido Frenzy". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Solomon, Charles (1992-09-27). "FIDO DIDO 101 or Living Life in the Third Lane by Susan Rose and Joanna Ferrone". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Drawn together". The Economic Times. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Official website
- Brief Information about Fido bumpers during CBS Saturday Morning TV Shows, from Platypus Comix.
- Fido Dido / 7up brain teaser puzzle
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a fictional television character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|