78th Fraser Highlanders
|78th Regiment of Foot|
|Country||Kingdom of Great Britain|
|Motto(s)||Je suis prest|
|Colors||White or Buff facings|
|Engagements||French and Indian War|
The 78th Regiment, (Highland) Regiment of Foot otherwise known as the 78th Fraser Highlanders was a British infantry regiment of the line raised in Scotland in 1757, to fight in the Seven Years' War (known in the USA as the French and Indian War). The 78th Regiment was one of the first three Highland Regiments to fight in North America. 
The regiment was raised in Inverness by Lieutenant-Colonel Simon Fraser of Lovat as the 2nd Highland Battalion and ranked as the 62nd Regiment of Foot in 1757. It was re-ranked as the 63rd Regiment of Foot later in the year. The regiment embarked for Halifax, Nova Scotia in July 1757 and, having been renamed the 78th (Highland) Regiment of Foot, or Fraser's Highlanders in June 1758, it took part in the Siege of Louisbourg later that month, the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in September 1759 and the capture of Montreal in August 1760. It was disbanded in Quebec in December 1763. In the Seven Years' War, the regiment at 103 soldiers killed and 383 wounded.
Colonels of the regiment were:
- 1757–1761 Lieutenant-Colonel Simon Fraser, 12th Lord Lovat
- 1761–1763 Major John Campbell of Ballimore
- 78th Fraser Highlanders Pipe Band, a pipe band from Toronto with the same name.
- 71st Regiment of Foot, Fraser's Highlanders, a later regiment also raised by Simon Fraser of Lovat but for the American Revolutionary War
- The Highland regiments that landed in America and took part in the French and Indian War were the 42nd Regiment of Foot or Royal Highland Regiment ("The Black Watch"), the 77th Regiment of Foot and the 78th Regiment of Foot.
- "Fraser's Highlanders [71st & 78th Regiment of Foot]". Regiments.org. Archived from the original on 7 February 2005. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "First Highland Regiments in America". Electricscotland.com. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Darling, Anthony D. (1988). Swords For The Highland Regiments. Andrew Mowbray. ISBN 0917218353.
- McCulloch, Ian Macpherson (2006). Sons of the Mountains, The Highland Regiments in the French & Indian War, 1756–1767, Volume Two. Purple Mountain Press. ISBN 1-896941-49-4.