||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Fred Mossler (born July 2, 1966 in San Francisco, CA) is a business executive, fashion guru, and philanthropist. He is best known as a former high-ranking executive at online shoe retailer Zappos, where he played a significant role in the company’s growth.
After graduating with a business degree from Southern Oregon University in 1990, Mossler moved to Seattle and joined Nordstrom in 1991. He spent the next eight years at Nordstrom, living in Sacramento, Hawaii, and San Francisco.
In 1999, while working for Nordstrom in San Francisco, Mossler was contacted by Zappos founder Nick Swinmurn to join his new company, then known as ShoeSite.com. Initially the Senior Vice President of Merchandising at Zappos, Mossler’s responsibilities expanded to overseeing a variety of departments, including the Customer Loyalty Team, Human Resources, Recruiting, Benefits, and Marketing. His wide range of duties led to his official position with the company to be known as “No Title”.
In April 2016, Mossler announced his departure from Zappos after nearly 17 years at the company, citing his desire to pursue full-time entrepreneurship. In the email announcing his departure, Mossler stated that he would remain with the company until June 3, 2016, to aid with the transition, and would remain in Las Vegas to focus on several projects in the area, including the Downtown Project (a downtown revitalization project started by Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh), Mexican restaurant chain Nacho Daddy, area cultural festival Life is Beautiful and “close air support” training company Blue Air Training.
As co-founder of Nacho Daddy, Mossler has overseen the growth of the chain to three Las Vegas-area locations and has made a food-donation program central to the restaurant's ethos: via the "Buy One, Give One" program, the chain has donated over 110,000 meals to local Vegas-area foodbank Three Square. In addition, as a partner in the Downtown Las Vegas music festival, Life is Beautiful, he has helped oversee the festival's growth into one of the regions most important arts events, with over 100,000 attendees in 2016 and music stars from an international roster of Platinum acts performing on stage (Stevie Wonder, Duran Duran, Snoop Dogg, Imagine Dragon).
Mossler serves as an honorary director of the Goodie Two Shoes Foundation, an organization that provides disadvantaged children and children in crisis with new shoes and socks. He holds a role on the Finance Committee of the Two Ten Footwear Foundation, which offers financial assistance, counseling, community resources, and scholarships to those working in the footwear industry. In addition,Mossler was involved with the Movember Foundation, a charity raising funds for promoting and researching men’s health.
Community involvement and other ventures
Mossler has participated in the TED conference series, presenting a TEDx talk in Las Vegas titled “Flourishing Communities: Live, Work, and Play” that outlines the transformation of a previously unused area of downtown Las Vegas into a cultural and economic hotspot.
He is on the board of the Downtown Project, a $350 million revitalization project in downtown Las Vegas. In addition to real estate, the project also invests in small businesses, arts and culture, education, healthcare, and tech startups. Tech investments are handled through the Downtown Project’s tech investment arm, VegasTechFund, in which Mossler holds the title of Limited Partner.
Mossler is an investor in Silver State Production Services, a Las Vegas-based film production company. The company promotes local film making and instruction, and develops creative projects that serve the local community. Some recent projects include: Looking Glass (2017) and The Hangover Part III 
Mossler contributed to Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh’s book, Delivering Happiness, discussing how Zappos approaches vendor relationships. The book reached #1 on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists.
In 2012, Mossler founded Honus Capital LLC, a hands-on investment fund for Las Vegas-area entrepreneurs.
In May 2017, Mossler became an active member of the Board of Directors of LivePerson, a mobile and online messaging and analytics solutions provider. As the company enters a growth and expansion phase, Mossler is expected to provide digital sales and growth strategy expertise.
- "Meet Our Monkeys | Zappos.com". www.zappos.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Fred Mossler - Share Your Road". tacobell.shareyourroad.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Fred Mossler: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- 07272009july (2009-07-22), Video from Jeff Bezos about Amazon and Zappos, retrieved 2017-04-26
- "Zappos long-time leader Mossler is out". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Butler-Young, Sheena (2016-04-15). "Fred Mossler To Exit Zappos". Footwear News. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Sutherlin, Margaret (2016-04-15). "Fred Mossler Reflects On His Time At Zappos". Footwear News. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Welcome - Blue Air Training". Blue Air Training. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Locations | Nacho Daddy". nachodaddy.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Carole9073 (2016-11-17). "I Love Las Vegas Magazine...BLOG: Nacho Daddy's "Buy a Meal, Give a Meal" Programs Has Donated 110,00 Meals!". I Love Las Vegas Magazine...BLOG. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Dubin, Alesandra (2015-10-05). "How Life Is Beautiful Grew to 108,000 Attendees in 3 Years". BizBash. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Butler-Young, Sheena (2017-03-28). "Industry Moves: March 2017". Footwear News. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Zappos President To Leave In June | SGB Online". sgbonline.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Goodie Two Shoes Foundation - Our Board". www.goodietwoshoes.org. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Goodie Two Shoes Foundation - Our Mission". www.goodietwoshoes.org. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Board of Directors". 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "What We Do - Two Ten Footwear Foundation". Two Ten Footwear Foundation. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Redirecting". tedxtalks.ted.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Downtown Project | About Us". downtownproject.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Investment Team - VTF Capital". VTF Capital. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/downtown-films-las-vegas-dba-silver-state-production-services-lola-pictures. Missing or empty
- "Silver State Production Services". Silver State Production Services. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Silver State Production Services [us]". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Jason Carter Miller". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "A Lesson from Zappos: Follow the Golden Rule". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "About The Book - Delivering Happiness". deliveringhappiness.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Honus Holdings LLC in Las Vegas NV - Company Profile". Nevada State. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Fred Mossler, digital visionary who helped build Zappos, to join LivePerson Board of Directors". Retrieved 2017-05-13.