Free Download Manager
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Free Download Manager 5.1 in Windows 10
|Stable release||5.1.34 (build 6874) (December 22, 2017[±])|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
Hardware: IA-32 and x64|
Software: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Apple Safari, SeaMonkey
|Available in||Albanian, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese|
|Type||Download manager and BitTorrent client|
FDM was initially proprietary software, but with the release of version 2.5 it has been free software. Starting with version 3.0.852 (15 April 2010), source code is no longer provided as a packaged download, but is available in the project's Subversion repository for versions 3.9.x and earlier. The source code for version 5.0 and newer is not available and the GNU General Public License agreement has been removed from the app.
- The GUI presents several tabs that organise types of downloads and allow access to different features in the program.
- Download information view that shows each download's progress bar, file preview, community opinions if any are written for that download and a log showing connection status
- Drop box for file drag-and-drop
- HTTP and FTP download support
- RTSP/MMS download support 
- Batch downloading support for downloading a set of files
- Splits large file into parts (specified in the settings of the software) and downloads simultaneously
- BitTorrent support (based on Libtorrent)
- Magnet URI scheme support
- Flash video download from sites like YouTube and Google Video
- Resuming broken downloads, if permitted by server
- Download throttling via three fully customizable traffic modes: light, medium, and heavy
- Import list of URLs from clipboard
- Integrates with the browser being used to track URL or Copy functions if downloadable content is found
- Remote control via Internet
- Downloads – This is the focal point of the program, which is simply a download manager. Users can also create groups with folders to which files with specific extensions will be downloaded.
- Flash video downloads – This feature helps users to download FLV video files from YouTube, Google Video and many other site.
- Torrents – Allows to download torrent files
- Scheduler – Users can create and manage lists of tasks to be executed at a preset time. Tasks include launching external programs, starting and stopping downloads, and shutting down the computer in all possible ways.
- Site Explorer – This feature is an FTP client.
- Site Manager – This feature allows users to tell FDM how to act with specific sites, such as websites that require authentication, or how many download connections a website can accept simultaneously from the user.
- HTML Spider – This feature can download a website by following and downloading links recursively.
- BitTorrent client
- Comparison of file sharing applications
- Comparison of download managers
- Comparison of YouTube downloaders
- "Free Download Manager 5.1 Forums". FreeDownloadManager.org. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "FDM 2.5 is released!". Free Download Manager blog. 15 April 2007. Archived from the original on 31 August 2007.
- "Free Download Manager". SCM Repositories. SourceForge. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Andy Shaw. "Free Download Manager Review – Web-User". Webuser. IPC Media. Archived from the original on 25 December 2014. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Blog Archive » Current stable version: FDM ver. 3.9.2 build 1303". Free Download Manager. 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Free Download Manager.|