The Shoppes at Gateway
Main entrance with Kohls in the background
|No. of stores and services||84|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||754,000 ft²|
The Shoppes at Gateway, formerly Gateway Mall, is a shopping mall located in Springfield, Oregon, United States owned and managed by Rouse Properties, one of the largest mall owners in the United States. It has 754,000 square feet (70,000 m2) of retail space. The mall opened in 1990 and is located next to Interstate 5, which largely divides the cities of Eugene and Springfield. Located at the mall is one Cinemark theater, down from two. The discount movie theater closed with the remodel, now there is just one regular priced first-run discount movie theater owned by Cinemark.
Plans for a five-anchor shopping mall began in 1988. Gateway Mall opened in 1990 with stores including Target, Sears, and Troutman's Emporium as anchors. A 12-screen Cinemark theater was located adjacent to the food court. In 1999, a 17-screen Cinemark theater opened at the mall, and the 12-screen Cinemark became a second-run discount theater. Ross Dress for Less added a store in 2002. Kohl's built a new two-story department store at Gateway in 2006 to 2007. The Troutman's later became Ashley Furniture, then Cabela's in 2011. On September 28th, 2014 Movies 12 screened its final film. 
In 2015, redevelopment began on the mall. It was renamed The Shoppes at Gateway and partially converted to an outdoor format. New tenants in the redevelopment include Marshalls, Petco, Ulta, and Hobby Lobby, plus a relocated Ross.
- Mosley, Joe (April 24, 2005). "MALL MAKE-OVERS; Business; Retail centers must constantly evolve to serve changing tastes". The Register-Guard. pp. F1.
- Oshiro, Gwenda Richards (June 26, 2006). "Mall sets sights on adding excitement". The Oregonian.
- Mosley, Joe (March 11, 2008). "Locally, retailers buck trend of economic slump; Business; The slowdown isn't as bad for chains at Gateway and VRC". The Register-Guard. pp. D29.
- McDonald, Sherri Buri (May 24, 2006). "Ashley Furniture to anchor Gateway Mall". The Register Guard.
- Harwood, Joe (November 29, 2005). "Construction begins soon at Valley River theater site; Business". The Register-Guard. pp. B1.
- Mosley, Joe (November 11, 2005). "Gateway Mall sees growth spurt; Business; Three new shops open, an indoor play area is installed and walls go up for Kohl's". The Register-Guard. pp. C7.
- Gunderson, Laura (March 7, 2011). "Cabela's to open in Springfield on May 5". The Oregonian. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- Her, Chenue. "Springfield Movie Theater Closing". KEZI. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Hall, Christian (December 7, 2015). "The Shoppes at Gateway is old mall’s new name". The Register-Guard. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Wihtol, Christian (20 September 2016). "The Shoppes at Gateway — formerly Gateway Mall — is for sale". The Register-Guard. Retrieved 21 September 2016.