Gateway Mall (Springfield, Oregon)
Main entrance with Kohls in the background
|No. of stores and services||84|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||754,000 ft²|
Gateway Mall is a shopping mall located in Springfield, Oregon, United States owned and managed by Rouse Properties, one of the largest mall owners in the United States. It has 754,000 square feet (70,000 m2) of retail space. The mall opened in 1990 and is located next to Interstate 5, which largely divides the cities of Eugene and Springfield. Located at the mall is two Cinemark theaters. There is a discount movie theater as well as a regular priced movie theater also owned by Cinemark.
Plans for a five-anchor shopping mall began in 1988. Gateway Mall opened in 1990 with stores including Target, Sears, and Troutman's Emporium as anchors. A 12-screen Cinemark theater was located adjacent to the food court. In 1999, a 17-screen Cinemark theater opened at the mall, and the 12-screen Cinemark became a second-run discount theater. Ross Dress for Less added a store in 2002. Kohl's built a new two-story department store at Gateway in 2006 to 2007. A Cabela's opened inside the center in 2011. On September 28th, 2014 Movies 12 screened its final film. 
Anchor stores at Gateway:
- Ashley Furniture closed September, 2010 so Cabela's could be placed in its area.
- Mosley, Joe (April 24, 2005). "MALL MAKE-OVERS; Business; Retail centers must constantly evolve to serve changing tastes". The Register-Guard. pp. F1.
- Oshiro, Gwenda Richards (June 26, 2006). "Mall sets sights on adding excitement". The Oregonian.
- Mosley, Joe (March 11, 2008). "Locally, retailers buck trend of economic slump; Business; The slowdown isn't as bad for chains at Gateway and VRC". The Register-Guard. pp. D29.
- McDonald, Sherri Buri (May 24, 2006). "Ashley Furniture to anchor Gateway Mall". The Register Guard.
- Harwood, Joe (November 29, 2005). "Construction begins soon at Valley River theater site; Business". The Register-Guard. pp. B1.
- Mosley, Joe (November 11, 2005). "Gateway Mall sees growth spurt; Business; Three new shops open, an indoor play area is installed and walls go up for Kohl's". The Register-Guard. pp. C7.
- Gunderson, Laura (March 7, 2011). "Cabela's to open in Springfield on May 5". The Oregonian. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- Her, Chenue. "Springfield Movie Theater Closing". KEZI. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
|This article about a building or structure in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|