Gelligaer is a town and community in the County Borough of Caerphilly, Wales, in the Rhymney River valley. The community also includes the villages of Cefn Hengoed and Hengoed to the south. The population of the Town as shown at the 2011 census was 18,408.
- "Town population 2011". Retrieved 8 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gelligaer.|
- Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia entry
- Gelligaer Roman fort at walespast.com
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Gelligaer and surrounding area
- Museums Wales website on Gelligaer Roman fort
- Gelligaer Roman Fort on the Roman Britain website
- Gelligaer Common, an historic landscape