Generations of Virtue
|Legal status||Non-profit Organization|
|Headquarters||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Taiwan, UAE, South Korea, Myanmar, South Africa, Australia, United States|
Generations of Virtue (GOV) is a non-profit organization whose focus is to equip families with resources and education on implementing lifestyles of sexual purity, based on Christian values. GOV was founded in 2003 by Julie Hiramine, the author of Guardians of Purity, and is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The organization has developed curriculum, lecture series, book series, and several products to promote purity. Among their resource line are books for parents to educate their children age-appropriately about sexuality. They share these resources and training materials through worldwide ministry trips and speaking engagements in almost every state in the U.S. and numerous other nations.
In 2003, Julie Hiramine founded Generations of Virtue in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Its original scope was to teach sexual integrity to families, but they have evolved to educate on a myriad of other topics related to sexual purity including interpreting media, cultural parenting, safe technology use, practically equipping youth for success, strategic family development, and raising generations of virtue. GOV is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Through the years, the organization has worked with several worldwide organizations including Charisma House Media, the Tween Gospel Alliance, Every Nation churches, World Changers' Summit, Hearts at Home, MOPS, and the International Children's Ministry Network. In 2003, Generations of Virtue was invited to the New York State Homeschool Convention. From there, they began working with moms' groups, the homeschool arena, and churches in the U.S. Over the years, Generations of Virtue has broadened its reach to public, private, and international schools and hundreds of church networks throughout the world. Generations of Virtue has ministered in numerous denominations and church movements, including the Methodist, Anglican, Baptist, Assemblies of God, Evangelical Free Church, Nondenominational, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Mennonite, Pentecostal, Calvary Chapel, Full Gospel Assembly, and Vineyard. Hiramine has written for Charisma Magazine and Charisma Publishing published her debut book in 2012. Hiramine is also a Director for the organization True Value of a Woman, and frequently speaks at parenting and family conferences around the world.
Generations of Virtue instructs leaders, educators and parents to be effective within their individual areas of influence. They accomplish this goal through strategic partnerships with key organizations both in the United States and internationally.
GOV has released several book series, including Teknon and the Champion Warriors and Beautifully Made. In 2005, GOV introduced purity rings to their product line. In 2007, GOV started an internship program for youth ages 16–21. During the same year, they launched their international speaking tours.
In 2011, Culture Shock was published by Standard Publishing. Both the leader's guide and student's guide have been distributed to over 4,000 people worldwide. In 2012, Generations of Virtue's DVD curriculum, Raising a Pure Generation, was released.
- Generations of Virtue Official Website
- Generations of Virtue Wordpress Blog
- Generations of Virtue Tumblr Blog
- Generations of Virtue Educational Materials
- Generations of Virtue on Twitter
- Generations of Virtue on Facebook
- Julie Hiramine Official Website
- How to give “The Talk” at cru.org.sg; by Gail Tan; published May 29, 2012; retrieved May 13, 2015
- Board of Trustees at ORU.edu; retrieved April 20, 2015
- Ming, Lai Kai (June 2015). "Book Reviews". Impact Christian Communications.
- Guardians of Purity with Guest Julie Hiramine at License to Parent; by Tracy Embry; published April 15, 2012; retrieved April 20, 2015
- Mom Takes Unique Stand After Inappropriate Instagram Post at Charisma News; by Julie Hiramine; published May 31, 2012; retrieved April 20, 2015
- GENERATIONS OF VIRTUE MINISTRY SEEKS TO BRING PURITY TO AMERICA'S CHILDREN at Breaking Christian News; by Michael Ireland; published April 30, 2012; retrieved April 20, 2015
- Farrel, Bill and Pam (2013). 10 Questions Kids Ask About Sex. USA: Harvest House Publishers. p. 165. ISBN 978-0736949194.
- True Value of a Woman Board of Directors
- Loh, Pauline (April 30, 2014). Keep Calm and Mother On. Armour Publishing. p. 81. ISBN 978-9814597180.
- Gresh, Dannah and Bob (2012). Six Ways to Keep the "Good" in Your Boy On. USA: Harvest House Publishers. p. 122. ISBN 978-0736945790.
- BP This Week: Protecting Purity at Break Point; published February 1, 2013; retrieved April 20, 2015