George Percy, Earl Percy
Lord Percy at the wedding of his sister Melissa in June 2013
|Born||George Dominic Percy
4 May 1984
|Education||MA in Geography (University of Edinburgh)|
|Parent(s)||Ralph Percy, 12th Duke of Northumberland; Jane Richard|
Percy was born as the second child and elder son of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland. He became heir apparent to the dukedom in 1995, when his uncle Henry, 11th Duke of Northumberland, died. Percy's parents, now Duke and Duchess of Northumberland, were eager to protect him from "vices and pitfalls", and filed a lawsuit to prevent him from inheriting £1 million and a £250,000 annual income upon turning 18. In 1999, they succeeded in delaying the inheritance, which Lord Percy received at the age of 25. George Percy is also set to inherit Alnwick Castle, famously known as Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter films. He served as a Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth II from 1996 to 1998. He is also a direct descendant of Charles II of England through multiple descents.
Earl Percy was educated at Eton College, and studied geography at the University of Edinburgh, specialising in sustainable development and renewable energy. He graduated in 2008, having shared a house with Pippa Middleton, with whom he has been linked since.
As old family friends, Lord Percy and his family attended the wedding of Middleton's sister Catherine and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, in 2011.
- "Earl must wait for £1m inheritance". BBC. 16 February 1999. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- ‘PERCY, Earl’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- "Cluff Geothermal:About- Board of Directors".
- Gayle, Damien (3 February 2012). "Doubt over claim that Pippa Middleton is in a 'serious relationship' with heir to the Harry Potter castle". Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Quinn, James (13 March 2011). "Kate Middleton's friend George Percy and mining tycoon Algy Cluff lead geothermal wells project". Telegraph. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Nikkhah, Roya; Mendick, Robert (8 May 2011). "Royal wedding: William and Kate's inner circle". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
Marquess of Douro