Ghanchi (Delvadia/Modh/Modi/Sahu/Sahoo/Teli/Ganiga/Gandhi) is a vaishya caste found in the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan and various parts of India. Ghanchi caste has furthur many Gotra (Clan) which includes Gahlot, Borana, Sahu, Solanki, Bhati, Panwar, Parihar, Chauhan, Dayya, Devra, Dhandia, Nikub Parmar, Parihariya, Parmar, Sankhla & Surecha . The Modh Ghanchi sub-caste is of (OBC). The Sahu, Teli, Ganiga and other OBC, are related castes found in Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
The name is of Indian origin, and means a businessman (producer and seller of oils) (Teli). The surname is commonly found in Ahmedabad, Navsari, Surat, Valsad, Bilimora as well as Ghanchi, Modh Ghanchi (Originally from Modhera, Gujarat), Saurashtra, Amreli, Bagasra, Bilkha, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, Kalol, Kadi, parts of Rajasthan Jodhpur, Pali, Sojat, Sumerpur, Mumbai. Those of the Gandla cast who extract oil from oil seed are known as the Gandla community.
- Narendra Modi, the 15th Prime Minister of India. Modi belongs to the Modh Ghanchi community, which is a Gujarati caste equivalent of Teli in UP and Bihar. Modh refers to the town Modehra, from where his caste originated.
- Gandla caste in ap ( they form 2.5% of Andhara Pradesh population )
- People of India Gujarat Volume XXII Part One Editors R. B Lal, P.B.S.V Padmanabham, G Krishnan and M Azeez Mohideen pages 397 to 401
- Central List of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) for Gujarat
- Nitish Kumar's 'wait and watch' on Bihar BJP's latest Narendra Modi gimmick
- "Ambedkar's false groupies out of sync with his legacy".
- "'Modi is a Teli-Ghanchi OBC': BJP". DNA. Apr 23, 2014.
- 'Modi is a Teli-Ghanchi OBC': BJP, TNN | Apr 23, 2014, The Gujarat government's spokesperson and state BJP in the statement said that according to the earlier Mandal Commission survey of Gujarat's OBC communities under schedule 91(A), "Modh-Ghanchi, Teli" caste is included in the OBC community by the Government of India's list of 105 OBC castes of Gujarat.
- "dna special: 'Narendra Modi-is-an-OBC' campaign picks up in Bihar, but lacks steam in neighbouring UP". DNA. 2009-06-27. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- "Ghulam Nabi Azad's jibe at Modi casteist: BJP". Times of India. 2009-06-27. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- Bhagvadgomandal Encyclopedia (1928-1955)મોઢ બ્રાહ્મણ, વાણિયા, સુતાર અને ઘાંચીની એક જ્ઞાતિ. તે મૂળ ચાણસ્મા તાલુકાના મોઢેરા ગામની છે