Greenbo Lake State Resort Park
|Greenbo Lake State Resort Park|
|Type||Kentucky state park|
|Location||Greenup County, Kentucky|
|Area||3,330 acres (1,350 ha)|
|Elevation||883 feet (269 m) |
|Operated by||Kentucky Department of Parks|
Greenbo Lake State Resort Park in Kentucky is a resort park in the northeastern part of the commonwealth, close to the town of Greenup, Kentucky in Greenup County on Kentucky State Route 1. It features a 36-room lodge named for Greenup County resident and writer Jesse Hilton Stuart, a 63-site campground with 35 primitive sites, a swimming pool with slides, two tennis courts, an 18-hole miniature golf course, an amphitheater and a scuba refuge area. The lodge contains a 232-seat dining room. It is centered on the 300-acre (120 ha) Greenbo Lake that features a boat dock and marina. There are over 25 miles (40 km) of hiking, biking and horseback trails. The park hosts a variety of community events each year including a quilt show, murder mystery dinner theaters, scrapbooking, and a 5K race.
- "Greenbo Lake State Resort Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "History". Greenbo Lake State Resort Park. Kentucky Department of Parks. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- Kleber, John E., ed. (1992). "Parks, State". The Kentucky Encyclopedia. Associate editors: Thomas D. Clark, Lowell H. Harrison, and James C. Klotter. Lexington, Kentucky: The University Press of Kentucky. ISBN 0-8131-1772-0.
- Greenbo Lake State Resort Park Kentucky Department of Parks
- Greenbo Lake State Resort Park American Byways