Main entrance to Grootfontein Logistics Base, April 1989
Grootfontein Air Force Base (IATA: GFY, ICAO: FYGF) is an air base of the Namibian Air Force in Grootfontein, a city in the Otjozondjupa Region of Namibia. The air base is about 4 km (2 mi) south of the center of Grootfontein. It was formerly a military air base for the South African Air Force. Most of the Air Force planes and personnel are hosted at the air base.
The Grootfontein non-directional beacon (Ident: GF) and VOR-DME (Ident: GFV) are located on the field.
- ^ Airport information for FYGF from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- ^ Airport information for GFY at Great Circle Mapper.
- ^ Google Maps - Grootfontein
- ^ "Distance and heading from Grootfontein to airport". WikiMapia. Retrieved 18 Feb 2010.
- ^ GF NDB
- ^ GFV VOR-DME
- ^ SkyVector Aeronautical Charts