November 30, 1980
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Title||Miss Nebraska USA 2004|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Hair color||Dyed blonde|
|Miss USA 2004|
Austin grew up in Seattle, Washington, in what she called a "Hockey family." She figure skated as a child. Austin graduated cum laude with a degree in Broadcast Journalism from Oklahoma City University. She received an award from the Oklahoma Broadcaster’s Association, was a Congressional Intern and studied international media in London.
Austin won the Miss Nebraska USA 2004 title in a state pageant held in late 2003. During her reign, she spoke to thousands of school children and toured the USS Nebraska Submarine and Camp Pendleton. It was her second attempt at the title, as she placed as a semi-finalist in the 2002 event. Austin represented Nebraska in the Miss USA 2004 pageant but failed to place.
Austin began her broadcasting career as a sports intern for KETV in Omaha, Nebraska covering Husker Football and UNO Hockey.[when?] In 2012 she won a Capital Emmy award for a documentary of the Washington Capitals season which she hosted. She worked as host of the Capitals Red Line program between 2010 and 2013
NESN hired Austin as a reporter in 2014. In June 2016, when the Red Sox made an extra inning comeback against the White Sox, Austin was caught in the crossfire of the teams exuberant Gatorade celebration, an incident covered by sportscasters around the United States.
- "3-25-11 CRL Elliot's Take on Guerin Video - NHL VideoCenter - Washington Capitals". Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Freeman, Betsie (November 12, 2003). "Bellevue woman is pageant winner". Omaha World-Herald. p. 2b.
- "Monumental Teams Combine to Win Three Emmy Awards". NBA.com. July 18, 2012.
- "Capitals Red Line Debuts Second Season Feb. 15 on Comcast SportsNet". Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Caps Red Line Wins Third Consecutive Emmy for Best Sports Programming Series". Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Caps Red Line Nominated for Two Emmy Awards". Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Finn, Chad (September 19, 2014). "NESN hires Guerin Austin as rinkside Bruins reporter". Boston Globe.
- O'Malley, Nick (May 31, 2016). "Boston Red Sox keep hitting poor NESN reporter Guerin Austin with postgame Gatorade baths". Mass Live.
- Perry, Dayn (June 24, 2016). "LOOK: Red Sox walk-off celebration goes poorly for sideline reporter". CBS Sports.
- Zacchino, Mike (June 23, 2016). "Red Sox TV reporter gets soaked during interview". The Oregonian.
- "VICE Sports World News Roundup: June 27, 2016 - VICE Sports".
- "Fenway photographer makes a splash with post-game pics". June 16, 2016.
- "This is what it's like to see a game of baseball at Fenway Park".
| Miss Nebraska USA
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|