His Cornish grandfather Pascoe Grenfell was a tin and copper manager and Member of Parliament (MP), while his father, Charles Pascoe Grenfell, was a director of the Bank of England from 1830 to 1864. His maternal grandfather was William Philip Molyneux, 2nd Earl of Sefton.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "S" (part 5)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Governors of the Bank of England" (PDF). Bank of England. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Deputy Governors of the Bank of England" (PDF). Bank of England. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Henry Grenfell
- Lundy, Darryl. "Henry Riversdale Grenfell". The Peerage.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
William Taylor Copeland
|Member of Parliament for Stoke-upon-Trent
1862 – 1868
With: William Taylor Copeland to 1865
Alexander Beresford Hope 1865 – Feb 1868
George Melly from Feb 1868
William Sargeant Roden
John William Birch
|Governor of the Bank of England
John Saunders Gilliat
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|