Diess in 2019
|Born||24 October 1958|
|Education||Ph.D.(mechanical engineering, production technologies) 1987|
|Occupation||Chairman of Management Board, CEO, Chairman of Volkswagen Brand Board of Management|
|Board member of||Audi AG, Volkswagen AG, SEAT S.A., Škoda Auto, Porsche Holding GmbH, others|
Herbert Diess (born 24 October 1958) is the chairman of the board of management of Volkswagen Group as well as the chairman of the board of management of the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand. In 2018 he was named one of the "Best CEOs in the World" by the CEOWORLD magazine.
Diesel Emissions Scandal
Herbert Diess (current VW CEO) and Hans Dieter Pötsch[clarification needed] were prosecuted on September 24, 2019 for the manipulation of Volkswagen's diesel emissions. Shareholders were[clarification needed] withheld from being informed about the huge financial implications due to the falsified diesel emissions. As a result the scandal has been gained media attention which highlights the German law that states that top executives must inform shareholders about information that can cause huge financial risks and issues. This follows after the investigation of finding that Volkswagen's rigged millions of diesel cars worldwide to cheat on emissions tests which led the company to lose over $30 billion. As a result of the falsified information, the stocks fell nearly 40%. However Volkswagen defended themselves: "The company has meticulously investigated this matter with the help of internal and external legal experts for almost four years ... the result is clear: the allegations are groundless."
- "Executive Profile Herbert Diess", Bloomberg.com
- "Executive Bodies - Volkswagen Group". www.volkswagenag.com.
- "Best CEOs in the World 2018".
- "Volkswagen's CEO and chairman charged in Germany over diesel emissions scandal".
- New wave; Volkswagen The Economist. 430.9134 (16 March 2019): p. 58. Word count: 571.
- Crain, K.C.; et al. (12 November 2018), "Big changes ahead, 'big potential' in U.S. Q&A: Herbert Diess."", Automotive News
- Vellequette, P. Larry (5 November 2018), "Growth Mode; VW wants more U.S. production capacity and could trade platforms with Ford, CEO Herbert Diess says."", Automotive News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Herbert Diess.|