Stadler in 2018
Rupert Stadler (born 17 March 1963) is a German businessman, and former chairman of the Vorstand (CEO) of Audi AG. He was arrested in June 2018 in connection with the Volkswagen emissions scandal. He was in custody in Germany until being released at the end of October 2018.
Stadler was born in Wachenzell in the Eichstätt district of Bavaria, Germany. He studied business management at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences, majoring in corporate planning/controllership and finance, banking and investment.
After graduating, he started his career at Philips Kommunikation Industrie AG in Nuremberg.
From 1997, he served as head of the board for the Volkswagen Group, and additionally head of group product planning from January 2002. He served as acting chairman of the board of Audi AG and its head of finance and organization until July 2007. He also serves as the chairman of Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA and Volkswagen Group Italia SpA. He serves as vice-chairman and member of the supervisory board at German football club FC Bayern AG.
Stadler has been the chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO) of Audi AG since 1 January 2010, and served as its chief financial officer (CFO) since 12 January 2007.
Stadler has been a member of the supervisory board at MAN SE (alternate name Man AG) since 10 May 2007 and served as a Member of supervisory board of Volkswagen Bank Gmbh, and Volkswagen Financial Services AG. He has served as a member of the economic advisory council of Bayerische Landesbank since 1 December 2005.
Volkswagen announced on 18 June 2018 that Stadler had been arrested and taken into custody because, it was reported, a Munich court had identified a risk that evidence might be concealed or modified ("Verdunkelungsgefahr"). A spokesman for the prosecutor nevertheless insisted that the presumption of innocence continued to apply and, in the context of ongoing investigations, refused to comment further on the development. On 2 October 2018, Volkswagen issued a statement that the supervisory boards of Volkswagen and Audi agreed a deal with Stadler to end his offices and his contracts.
- "Profile – Audi CEO Rupert Stadler". Deutsche Welle. Archived from the original on 28 March 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Bloomberg. "volkswagen". Bloomberg.
- "Jailed Audi CEO Rupert Stadler fired as Volkswagen grapples with scandal fallout". usatoday.com. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Munich court says former Audi CEO released from custody". Reuters. 30 October 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Audi boss arrested over diesel scandal". 18 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Audi-Chef Rupert Stadler festgenommen". Der wegen des Dieselskandals unter Druck stehende Audi-Chef Rupert Stadler ist vorübergehend festgenommen worden und befindet sich in Untersuchungshaft. Die Staatsanwaltschaft spricht von Verdunklungsgefahr. Der Spiegel (online). 18 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- (www.dw.com), Deutsche Welle. "Arrested Audi chief forced to leave Volkswagen Group | DW | 02.10.2018". DW.COM. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Topham, Gwyn (18 June 2018). "Audi chief arrested in Germany over diesel scandal". the Guardian. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
Audi car timeline, North American market (1980–present)
|Compact car||A3 (8P)||A3 / S3 (8V)|
|4000 (81)||80 / 90 (89)||90 (8C)||A4 (8D/8E/8H/8K)||A4 (8W)|
|4000 CS quattro||S4 (8D/8E/8H/8K)||S4 (8W)|
|Mid-size car||5000 (43)||5000 (44)||100 / 200 (44)||100 (4A)||A6 (4A)||A6 (4B)||A6 (4F)||A6 (4G)||A6 (4K)|
|Ur-S4||Ur-S6||S6 (4B)||S6 (4F)||S6 (4G)||S6 (4K)|
|A7 (4G)||A7 (4K)|
|S7 (4G)||S7 (4K)|
|Full-size car||V8 (4C)||A8 / S8 (4D)||A8 / S8 (4E)||A8 / S8 (4H)||A8|
|Coupé||Coupé (81)||Coupe Quattro (89)||A5 / S5 (8T)||A5 / S5|
|TT Coupé (8N)||TT Coupé (8J)||TT Coupé (8S)|
|Roadster||TT Roadster (8N)||TT Roadster (8J)||TT Roadster (8S)|
|Convertible||Cabriolet (8G)||A4 Cabriolet / S4 Cabriolet (8H)||A5 / S5 (8F)||A5 / S5|
|Sports car||Quattro (Ur-Quattro)||RS6 (4B)||RS4 (8E/8H)|
|R8 (42)||R8 (4S)|
|Crossover||allroad quattro (4Z)||allroad (8K)||A4 allroad (8W)|
|Compact SUV||Q3 (8U)||Q3 (F3)|
|Q5 (8R)||Q5 (FY)|
|Mid-size SUV||Q7 (4L)||Q7 (4M)|