||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Lawshall. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2016.|
|Hibb's Green shown within Suffolk|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||Bury St Edmunds|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Hibb's Green is a hamlet in the civil parish of Lawshall in the Babergh district in the county of Suffolk, England. It is located between Hanningfield Green and Lawshall Green and is just under a mile off the A134 between Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury.
Hanningfield Green and Hibb's Green were known as Halk Street in the 1567 Lawshall Survey.
- Silver Farmhouse - The property was formerly known as Paradise Farm. It is a sixteenth/seventeenth-century timber-framed and plastered house with a cross wing at the east end, with eighteenth-century alterations. The upper storey of the cross wing is jettied on brackets on the north front and is weatherboarded. The roof and part of the walls are covered with cedar shingles. A glazed porch at the front has eighteenth-century semi-circular headed windows. There is a central chimney stack with a grouped diagonal shaft. Images of England
- Sunnyridge - This is an eighteenth/nineteenth-century clay lump cottage with a thatched roof having two large gabled dormer windows. There is a substantial twentieth-century extension at the rear. Images of England
NB: The above property details usually represent the names and addresses that were used at the time that the buildings were listed. In some instances the name of the building may have changed over the intervening years.
- Get-a-map - enter Hibb's Green in the "search for" box
- Lawshall Parish Council, ed. (2006). Lawshall: A Guide to Your Village. Lawshall Parish Council. p. 16.
- Lawshall Village Appraisal Group, ed. (1991). Lawshall: Past, Present and Future – An Appraisal. Appraisal Group.
An acknowledgement is made to the work of Elizabeth Clarke, the Local History Recorder for Lawshall, whose endeavours obtaining and collating information from various sources has made this article possible.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lawshall.|