Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Higher crop yield per area (hectare)
- Improved response to fertilizers
- High reliance on irrigation and fertilizers - see intensive farming
- Early maturation
- Resistive to many diseases
- Higher quality and quantity of crops can be produced.
- "Development and Spread of HIGH-YIELDING VARIETIES OF WHEAT AND RICE in the Less Developed Nations" (PDF). U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT IN COOPERATION WITH U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. 1978.