Hillcrest High School (Dallas)
|Hillcrest High School|
9924 Hillcrest Road|
Dallas, Texas 75230
|School district||Dallas Independent School District|
Black, Red and White|
Hillcrest High School, formerly Vickery Meadows High School is a public secondary school located in North Dallas, Texas (USA). Hillcrest High School enrolls students in grades 9-12 and is a part of the Dallas Independent School District. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The school opened in 1938 as Vickery Meadows High School. In 1945 it was renamed to Hillcrest High School
Prior to the 1970s Hillcrest was known as "Hebrew High" due to the number of Jewish students enrolled.
The Hillcrest Panthers compete in the following sports:
- Cross Country
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
Several Dallas communities such as portions of Preston Hollow (including a portion of Old Preston Hollow, Preston Hollow North, and Preston Hollow West), University Meadows, a small portion of Vickery Meadow, and a portion of Addison are zoned to Hillcrest.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Colin Allred NFL football player.
- John D. Arnold (1992) Commodities trader.
- Lane P. Hughston (1969) Mathematician.
- Linda Koop (1968) Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives from District 102 in Dallas County
- John McClamrock (1975) American football player gravely injured during a game.
- Harriet Miers (1963) former White House Counsel.
- Erric Pegram former NFL football player.
- Damien Robinson (1992) Former NFL football player.
- Ajai Sanders (1985) — actress and stand-up comic.
- Kurt Thomas NBA player.
- J. William Harbour M.D. is an ocular oncologist, cancer researcher and vice chairman at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami.
- Dallas ISD Hillcrest High School]. Retrieved on 4 October 2006. Archived March 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Texas Education Agency - School Directory Archived April 18, 2006, at the Wayback Machine. - type in school number "057905006" and select "view report." Retrieved on 4 October 2006.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2016-04-22.
- "Schools-Hillcrest High School Archived 2006-10-06 at the Wayback Machine.." http://www.dallasisd.org/. Accessed October 31, 2010.
- "40 years of DISD desegregation". Preston Hollow Advocate. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Haag, Matthew. "Dallas ISD to consider selling naming rights at schools, stadiums." The Dallas Morning News. July 5, 2011. Retrieved on November 26, 2011.
- The Athletics Department
- "Fall 2008 Hillcrest High School Attendance Zone Grades 9-12." Dallas Independent School District. Archived May 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Maps." City of Dallas. Accessed October 12, 2008.
- "Player Bio: Colin Allred." Baylorbears.net, Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- Simnacher, Mark. "John McClamrock: Paralysis didn't keep former Hillcrest football player down." The Dallas Morning News. Saturday March 22, 2008. Retrieved on May 18, 2009. Archived April 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Rick Atkison. "Ex-Pro Pegram Helping Others Reach Fitness Goals." McKinneyNews.net, September 14, 2006. Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- Ken Parish Perkins. "Ajai Sanders stands up to any naysayers," The Dallas Morning News, May 19, 1992.
- "NBA.com: Kurt Thomas Info Page." NBA.com, Retrieved October 31, 2010. Archived April 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bascom Palmer Eye institute.Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, J. W. Harbour, M.D.