Hina Shah is an Indian entrepreneur. She began her career in 1976 in the plastic packaging industry, and since then has become a prominent speaker, writer, academician on Entrepreneurship and Micro-Small-Medium Enterprise Development.
Shah has won numerous awards, including the Stree Shakti Award by the President of India for her contribution in the field of economic development of the country, the Bharat Jyoti Award, the Titan Be More Legend title, as well as the Best Project Award from the Project Management Institute.
Shah's first programme, termed Entrepreneurship Development Programme for Women, was started with 25 women from Gujarat, out of which 16 women established non-traditional businesses, and all of them are still in business in the year 2011. In 1986, she transformed her own entrepreneurial experience into a developmental initiative and started “The International Centre for Entrepreneurship and Career Development (ICECD)”.
Shah became instrumental in initiating and institutionalizing Women Economic Empowerment strategy in countries such as Zambia, Bangladesh, Lesotho, Botswana, Cameroon, Malaysia, Philippines, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Guyana, Ivory Coast, St. Kitts.
- "Hina Shah receives Bharat Jyoti Award for Entrepreneurship Development". Yourstory.in. 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Interview of Hina Shah, Founder, ICECD
- 2011icecd. "Hina Shah, Shital Shah, Shaina Shah - Odissi Classical Dance Dashavatar". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Sunday, Aug 10, 2008 at 2242 hrs IST (2008-08-10). "When she refuses to stoop". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- TNN Jul 14, 2011, 01.21am IST (2011-07-14). "Rural women entrepreneurs felicitated - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Project Management Institute". Pmi.org.in. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hina Shah.|