This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 13, 1942 [|
|Alma mater||Lebanese Army Military Academy (B.S.)
Command and General Staff College (M.M.A.S.)
University of Paris IV (DEA/Ph.D.)
|Years of service||1961–2000|
Early life and education
Born in Nabatieh, in South Lebanon, he is the grandson of historian Muhammad Jaber Al Safa, and great-grandson of sheikh Ahmad Reda. After graduating from the Lebanese Army Military Academy, he was sent to the French postgraduate école d'application, in Saint-Maixent-l'École, for specialized infantry training.
He then followed intensive courses in public relations and information at the Defense Information School (DINFOS) in Indiana, U.S. in 1976. He continued his studies in psychological warfare in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. In 1982, Jaber graduated from the Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, also earning a master's degree in mass communication from the University of Kansas.
Jaber then obtained a DEA (diplôme d'études approfondies) in contemporary history at the Sorbonne (Paris IV), Paris, France in 1993, and later in 1997, a Ph.D. in modern political history also at the Sorbonne. His four-hour thesis defense was attended by several political figures, including French Foreign Minister Hervé de Charette, French deputy Gérard Bapt and Lebanese statesman Raymond Eddé.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1982 – He was head of the Liaison Office between the American forces (as part of the Multinational Force) and the Lebanese army during the Lebanese Civil War.
- 1986 – He was Commander of the High Center for Military Sport.
- 1991 – He became defence attaché (land, sea and air forces) at the Lebanese Embassy in Paris.
- 1993 – He taught terrorism, guerrilla warfare and unconventional warfare at the Command and Staff College in the Lebanese Army.
- 1996 – He was Commander of the Lebanese Army Teaching Institute.
- 1997 – In his last term in the military corps, Jaber became military governor of Beirut.
- 2000 – The general retired and founded Help&Data, a public relations, lobbying and business intelligence firm based in Beirut, for he maintains excellent relationships with some heads of states in West Africa and Arab countries.
- Hisham Jaber Curriculum Vitae at Help and Data (H&D), the Middle-East Center for Studies and Public Relations
- Le général Jaber obtient un doctorat à la Sorbonne December 22, 1997 L'Orient-Le Jour
- "A decisive peace or continued uncertainty?" August 17, 2006 CNN Your World Today interview with Jaber, Isaac Herzog and David Gergen
- "Bomb under road may have killed Hariri" February 19, 2005 Associated Press article citing Jaber, hosted by MSNBC
- on YouTube May 11, 2008 Al Jazeera English Inside Story interview with Jaber
- "Help & Data aims to provide its customers with just that"