|Born||July 14, 1925
Galesburg, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||May 4, 2004 (aged 78)
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Occupation||film and television actor|
Hugh Gillin (July 14, 1925 – May 4, 2004) was an American film and television actor. Gillin was born in Galesburg, Illinois. He was best known for playing Sheriff John Hunt in Psycho II and III. Gillin has appeared in a total of 75 films and television shows. Gillin last appeared on television in 1998 where he was featured in Pensacola: Wings of Gold in the episode "Not in My Backyard". He was a member of AMPAS, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Gillin grew up in Pittsburg, Kansas and attended Pittsburg High School and The University of Kansas. He was a member of the Kansas Jayhawks basketball team in 1947. Gillin received the Purple Heart medal in World War II.
Gillin died on May 4, 2004, in San Diego, California.
- Prime Cut (1972) - Desk Clerk
- Paper Moon (1973) - 2nd Deputy
- I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1975)
- Billy Jack Goes to Washington (1977) - Arthur Krim
- Herowork (1977) - Sheriff Naylor
- The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978) - Pennywall
- Butch and Sundance: The Early Days (1979) - Cyrus Antoon
- The Rose (1979) - Guard
- The Jazz Singer (1980) - Texas Bartender
- Circle of Power (1981) - Ben Davis
- First Monday in October (1981) - Southern Senator
- Deadly Alliance (1982) - Mr. Danngers
- Fast-Walking (1982) - Heavy #2
- Airplane II: The Sequel (1982) - Texan
- Psycho II (1983) - Sheriff John Hunt
- Purple Hearts (1984) - Dr. Weymuth
- The Best of Times (1986) - Caribou #2
- Psycho III (1986) - Sheriff John Hunt
- Wanted: Dead or Alive (1987) - Patrick Donoby
- Traxx (1988) - Commissioner R.B. Davis
- Doin' Time on Planet Earth (1988) - Fred Richmond
- Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (1988) - Sheriff
- Back to the Future Part III (1990) - Mayor Hubert
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|