|Designer||W. Luhrs, J. Cherubini, C. Steck|
|Boat weight||20,500 lb (9,299 kg)|
|Draft||6.00 ft (1.83 m)|
|LOA||54.83 ft (16.71 m)|
|LWL||43.50 ft (13.26 m)|
|Beam||11.33 ft (3.45 m)|
|Engine type||48 hp (36 kW) diesel engine|
|Keel/board type||fin keel|
|Ballast||8,200 lb (3,719 kg)|
|Rudder(s)||internally-mounted spade-type rudder|
|Rig type||Bermuda rig|
|I (foretriangle height)||54.60 ft (16.64 m)|
|J (foretriangle base)||20.00 ft (6.10 m)|
|P (mainsail luff)||48.80 ft (14.87 m)|
|E (mainsail foot)||14.80 ft (4.51 m)|
|Mainsail area||361.12 sq ft (33.549 m2)|
|Jib/genoa area||546.00 sq ft (50.725 m2)|
|Total sail area||907.12 sq ft (84.274 m2)|
The Hunter 54 is an American sailboat that was designed by Warren Luhrs, John Cherubini and Cortland Steck as a cruiser and first built in 1980. The design was based upon three years of off-shore racing experience.
The Hunter 54 is a recreational keelboat, built predominantly of fiberglass, with wood trim. The hull was designed by Warren Luhrs and John Cherubini, while Cortland Steck designed the rig. It has a cutter rig, a raked stem, a walk-through reverse transom with a swimming platform, folding ladder and dinghy stowage in a watertight compartment, an internally mounted spade-type rudder controlled by a wheel and a fixed fin keel. It displaces 20,500 lb (9,299 kg) and carries 8,200 lb (3,719 kg) of ballast.
The boat has a draft of 6.00 ft (1.83 m) with the standard keel fitted.
The boat is fitted with a diesel engine of 48 hp (36 kW). The fuel tank holds 78 U.S. gallons (300 L; 65 imp gal) and the fresh water tank has a capacity of 132 U.S. gallons (500 L; 110 imp gal).
Factory standard equipment included a cockpit-mounted, six-man, life-raft; 120% staysail; anchor and built-in anchor roller; integral solar panel; teak and holly cabin sole; two fully enclosed heads with showers; private forward and aft cabins; a dinette table; refrigerator; dual sinks; gimbaled stove and oven; 8 ft (2.44 m) fiberglass dinghy, with oars and life jackets.
- Browning, Randy (2019). "Hunter 54 sailboat specifications and details". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Hunter Marine". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Browning, Randy (2018). "John Cherubini". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Browning, Randy (2018). "Cortland Steck". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Hunter Marine. "Hunter 54" (PDF). www.marlow-hunter.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Hunter Marine. "Previous Models". www.marlow-hunter.com. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- InterVisionSoft LLC (2019). "Sailboat Specifications for Hunter 54". Sailing Joy. Retrieved 6 January 2019.