Ilie in action for Barcelona B
|Full name||Ilie Sánchez Farrés|
|Date of birth||21 November 1990|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|Sporting Kansas City|
|2015–2016||→ Elche (loan)||27||(1)|
|2017–||Sporting Kansas City||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 30 May 2016 (UTC).
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Ilie represented several clubs as a youth, including FC Barcelona from ages 7–9, returning to La Masia in 2007. In the 2009–10 season he made his professional debuts in the third division, contributing with 22 matches (one goal) as the B-team returned to the second level after an 11-year absence.
Mainly a defensive midfielder, Ilie was reconverted by manager Luis Enrique, a former Barcelona player, into right back. He was also called by Pep Guardiola for the first team's pre-season in 2010.
On 11 June 2014, both Ilie and teammate Edu Bedia signed for TSV 1860 Munich of the 2. Bundesliga. He made his league debut for the club in the season opener, a 2–3 away defeat to 1. FC Kaiserslautern, and scored his first goal on 26 September to help to a 2–0 home success against SpVgg Greuther Fürth.
Sánchez was deemed surplus to requirements by manager Torsten Fröhling at the start of the 2015–16 campaign, and on 31 August he was loaned to Elche CF in the Spanish second tier. Shortly after his return to his parent club, his contract was mutualy annulled.
Sporting Kansas City
- As of 4 June 2016
- "La cantera como vía y no como alternativa" [Cantera as the way to go and not an alternative] (in Spanish). Don Balón. 19 July 2010. Archived from the original on 30 November 2010.
- "Los primeros elegidos de Guardiola" [Guardiola's first chosen ones]. Sport (in Spanish). 27 July 2010. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Ilie deja el Barça B para fichar por el Múnich 1860" [Ilie leaves Barça B to sign for Munich 1860]. Mundo Deportivo (in Spanish). 11 June 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Zweitliga-Wahnsinn gegen 1860 München: Kaiserslautern dreht Partie in Unterzahl" [Second league madness against 1860 Munich: Kaiserslautern comes back despite being undermanned]. Der Spiegel (in German). 4 August 2014. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Erlösende Siege für 1860 München, Eintracht Braunschweig und Erzgebirge Aue" [Liberating wins for 1860 Munich, Eintracht Braunschweig and Erzgebirge Aue] (in German). Goal.com. 26 September 2014. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- Marcus Giebel (21 July 2015). "1860 vor dem Liga-Start: Die Gewinner und Verlierer" [1860 before the start of the season: The losers and winners] (in German). TZ. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "¡Buena Suerte, Ilie!" [Goodluck, Ilie!] (in German). 1860 Munich. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Florian Weiß (26 August 2016). "Jetzt ist auch der dritte Poschner-Spanier weg" [Now the third of Poschner's Spaniards is gone] (in German). TZ. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Sporting KC signs Spanish midfielder Ilie Sánchez". Sporting Kansas City. 13 January 2017. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Ilie". Soccerway. Archived from the original on 31 August 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the Supercopa de España, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup.