Marc Dos Santos
Marc Dos Santos
|Full name||Marc Dos Santos|
|Date of birth||May 26, 1977|
|Place of birth||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2009||Montreal Impact (ass't/interim)|
|2012||Primeira Camisa U-20|
|2012||SE Palmeiras (U15 coach)|
|2012–2013||Desportivo Brasil (technical director)|
|2015–2016||Sporting Kansas City (assistant)|
|2016||Swope Park Rangers|
|2017–||San Francisco Deltas|
Marc Dos Santos (born May 26, 1977) is a Canadian soccer manager with experience in the United Soccer League, North American Soccer League, and Major League Soccer. He currently is the manager of the San Francisco Deltas of the North American Soccer League, beginning play in the 2017 season. Most recently, he was the manager of the Swope Park Rangers of the United Soccer League, an affiliate of Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer. The North American Soccer League Coach of the Year in 2015, Dos Santos led the Ottawa Fury FC to the NASL Championship Final after a first-place finish in the Fall Season. Previously, he focused on youth initiatives in Brazil with FC Primeira Camisa (U-20's) and SE Palmeiras (U-15's), culminating with a Copa do Brasil Sub-15 championship and a technical director position with Desportivo Brasil. The Montreal native was first hired by the Montreal Impact in January 2007 to lead the club's reserve team, Trois-Rivieres Attak FC, in the Canadian Soccer League. After leading the squad to titles in their initial two seasons – first as 2007 Open Canada Cup champions, then as 2008 CSL National Division champions – Dos Santos was added to the Impact's technical staff as an assistant coach in June 2008 and became head coach in May 2009. During his tenure, the Impact won the inaugural Canadian Championship in 2008 to claim the Voyageurs Cup and a berth in the 2008-09 CONCACAF Champions League. Dos Santos then led Montreal through three different leagues in consecutive campaigns, winning the USL First Division title in 2009 before transitioning into USSF Division 2 in 2010 and the North American Soccer League in 2011. Dos Santos was the head coach of the Montreal Impact in the D2 Pro League from 2009 until his resignation in June 2011. A dual citizen of Canada and Portugal, Dos Santos holds a UEFA "A" coaching license, worked at both Chelsea F.C. and FC Porto and is fluent in four languages. He is the father of three children with his wife Marie.
In 2006, he managed the Lac St.Louis Lakers in the Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec.On January 17, 2007, the Trois-Rivières Attak announced the signing of Dos Santos as manager for the 2007 CSL season. Under the guidance of Dos Santos the club won the Open Canada Cup with a 3–0 victory in the final against the Columbus Clan F.C. In the league, they finished second in the National Division and reached the playoff semi-final, where they eventually lost against the Serbian White Eagles. 
During the 2008 CSL season Dos Santos led the Attak to claim the National Division title, the first Division title to be won by the club. For the second year in a row the Attak gained a playoff berth, eventually reaching the finals of the CSL Cup, where once again the Attak were defeated by White Eagles (this time on penalty kicks).
On November 5, 2008, Dos Santos stepped down as head coach of Trois-Rivières, and accepted an assistant coach position with the Montreal Impact under head coach John Limniatis. In May 2009, Limniatis was fired and Dos Santos named as interim head coach. Later that year, Dos Santos was named head coach and remained in that position until his resignation on June 28, 2011.
Dos Santos worked at three Brazilian clubs. On December 21, 2011 he was announced as the head coach of Primeira Camisa FC, which was then owned by World Cup champion Roque Junior. During his tenure, he achieved the best result in the club's history at Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior. In February 2012, Marc was hired by Palmeiras, one of Brazil's largest soccer teams, as its Youth Academy Coordinator. Brazilian journalist Paulinho ridiculed Dos Santos hire by announcing it together with the photo of a donkey and the phrase "he is from Canada, a real soccer powerhouse". Marc became the head coach of Palmeiras U-15 and won the youth championship in 2012, a competition that the club had never won before. Over 6 thousand Palmeiras fans watched the final at the stadium. Marc moved to Desportivo Brasil, where he held the posts of technical director and head coach for roughly one year before returning to North America in 2013.
Ottawa Fury FC
Ottawa Fury FC announced the signing of Dos Santos as the first ever manager of the new NASL franchise on May 23, 2013. On September 15, 2015 Ottawa Fury FC announced that coach Marc Dos Santos would be leaving the club at the end of 2015 season to join MLS. At the time Ottawa Fury FC was placed first in fall standings and third in overall standings for 2015 season.  On November 11, 2015, Marc Dos Santos was named "NASL Coach of the Year" for 2015 by the NASL.
Swope Park Rangers
San Francisco Deltas
Awards and titles
- 2007 Head coach - Open Canada Cup Champions
- 2008 Head coach - Canadian Soccer League Division Champions
- 2008 Head coach - Canadian Soccer League Regular Season Champions
- 2008 Head coach - Nomination for Coach of the Year
- 2008 Assistant coach - Canadian Cup Champions (Nutrilite Championship)
- 2008 Assistant coach - Quarter Finals of the CONCACAF Champions League
- 2009 Head coach - United Soccer League Champions
- 2009 Head coach - Nomination for Coach of the Year
- 2010 Head coach - Semi-final of the USSF
- 2012 Head coach - Brazilian Youth Champions U-15
- 2015 Head coach - 2015 NASL Manager of the Year
- 2015 Head coach - NASL Fall Season (Claussura) Champions
- 2015 Head coach - NASL runner-up
- 2015 Head coach - League record: 648 consecutive minutes without conceding a goal. NASL League
- 2015 Head coach - League record: 14 matches without conceding a goal NASL
- 2015 Head coach - League record: 12 matches without losing away from home
- As of September 25, 2016
|Trois-Rivières Attak||January 17, 2007||November 5, 2008||43||21||14||8||110||45||+65||48.84|
|Montreal Impact||May 14, 2009||June 28, 2011||102||42||30||30||120||107||+13||41.18|
|Ottawa Fury||July 1, 2013||November 20, 2015||63||23||18||22||83||74||+9||36.51|
|Swope Park Rangers||November 20, 2015||present||30||14||6||10||45||36||+9||46.67|
- "Trois Attack Profile". Attakfc.com. December 16, 2007. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Vujcic, Djuradj (August 8, 2012). "Marc Dos Santos RedNation Online Interview". Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Chiarello, Stéphane. "The Trois-Rivières Attak FC is born".
- "Attak FC". November 5, 2007. Archived from the original on November 5, 2007. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Glover, Robin. "September 3, 2007 CSL Open Canada Cup Final Columbus Clan vs Trois-Rivieres Attak (by Rocket Robin)". www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Glover, Robin. "October 21, 2007 CSL Semi-Final Serbian White Eagles vs Trois-Rivieres Attak (by Rocket Robin)". www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- "Impact coach Limniatis fired". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. May 14, 2009. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Montreal Impact coach Dos Santos resigns". National Post. Montreal. Postmedia News. June 28, 2011. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Fellegger, Acaz (December 21, 2011). "Primeira Camisa Contrata Técnico Português".
- "Palmeiras Inova e Faz Experiencia Com Tecnico Luso Canadense na Base". ESPN Brasil. February 10, 2012. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Marc dos Santos Se Joint Au Club Bresilien Palmeiras". La Presse Canadienne. February 9, 2012. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "E o Fim Palmeiras Contrata Tecnico Canadense Para Cuidar De Garotos da Base". Blog do Paulinho, Jornalismo com Credibilidade. February 10, 2012. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Vujcic, Djuradj (August 8, 2012). "Interview With Canadian Coach Marc dos Santos". Urban Book Circle. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "Family Faith and Football the Marc dos Santos Story". February 3, 2015. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- Baines, Tim (May 23, 2013). "Former Montreal Impact coach Marc Dos Santos named first coach of Ottawa Fury FC North American Soccer League squad". Ottawa Sun. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Robb, Peter (September 15, 2015). "Fury coach Dos Santos headed to the MLS next year". Ottawa Citizen. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- "Marc dos Santos Introduced Swope Park Rangers Head Coach". November 20, 2015. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- "USL Cup Final".
- "NASL: Deltas go global with selection of Dos Santos". August 17, 2016.