|Full name||Maxime Chanot|
|Date of birth||21 November 1989|
|Place of birth||Nancy, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|New York City|
|2008||→ Mansfield Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Gueugnon (loan)||16||(0)|
|2016–||New York City||43||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:13, 1 November 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18:40, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
Having joined Sheffield United in 2006 from Stade de Reims Chanot became a regular in the academy and reserves sides. The aggressive, athletic central defender joined Mansfield Town on loan on 4 October 2008, and made his debut for Mansfield in the 0-1 defeat against Woking despite picking up man of the match award. He returned to Bramall Lane having played five games for The Stags. As the Blades looked to cut costs, having failed to gain promotion, Chanot was released at the end of the 2008-09 season.
He went on trial in mid-2009 to then-Football League Championship side Barnsley and impressed the coaching staff with his competitive style and played in five pre-season friendlies, Barnsley extended his trial period for a further two weeks after impressing in the games and training. Chanot narrowly missed out on a contract with Barnsley, due to them wanting a more experienced central defender.
In November 2009 he signed a two-year contract with French Ligue 1 side Le Mans FC. He then moved on a season-long loan to FC Gueugnon in 2010. In September 2011 Chanot signed a one-year deal for Belgium team White Star Woluwe FC, which was successively extended for one more season. His great performances drew the attention of a Division 1 Belgium team, Beerschot AC which signed him in 2013. The same year, Chanot continued to impress and was offered a contract by another Division 1 Belgium team, KV Kortrijk. Chanot was named several times best defender of the Belgium championship. Despite being chased by many clubs, especially Queen Park Rangers and Chievo Verona, he decided to join New York City coached by Patrick Vieira.
New York City
On 16 July 2016, it was announced that he had signed with Major League Soccer club New York City. Chanot made his NYCFC debut as a halftime substitute for Jefferson Mena during a 5-1 victory against the Colorado Rapids on 30 July 2016. Chanot was given Team of the Week honors by MLS the following week for his performance during his first start for New York City against the San Jose Earthquakes. He finished the season having made 8 league appearances as well as starting both of NYCFC's playoff games.
On 3 June 2017, Chanot scored his first MLS goal in a 2–1 win over Philadelphia Union. Chanot made 19 appearances in the 2017 MLS season before being sidelined on 20 July with a herniated disk in his back. Initial reports thought the injury would only keep him out 2–4 weeks but after further evalution Chanot had to undergo surgery and he missed the rest of the season, including both of NYCFC's playoff matches.
A Luxembourg international, Chanot scored his first goal for his national team on 4 June 2014, netting an equaliser in a friendly game against four-time FIFA World Cup winners Italy played at Stadio Renato Curi, Perugia. The game ended in a 1–1 draw. On 13 November 2016, he converted a penalty in a World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, which ended up being a 3-1 loss for Luxembourg.
- Scores and results list Luxembourg's goal tally first.
|1.||4 June 2014||Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi, Verona, Italy||Italy||1–1||1–1||Friendly|
|2.||13 November 2016||Stade Josy Barthel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg||Netherlands||1–1||1–3||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|3.||11 September 2018||San Marino Stadium, Serravalle, San Marino||San Marino||1–0||3–0||2018–19 UEFA Nations League D|
- Booth, Mark (21 November 2017). "QUIZ: How Much Chanot About Maxime?". nycfc.com. New York City FC. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Double player boost". Sheffield United F.C. 28 May 2009. Archived from the original on 30 May 2009. Retrieved 31 May 2009.
- "Le Top 10 des meilleurs joueurs de la 1e journée". 27 July 2015. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Voici l'équipe FootNews de l'Année 2015!". Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Nash, Mathew. "Report: QPR chasing Luxembourg international Maxime Chanot". Here Is The City. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Castillo, Arielle (16 July 2016). "NYCFC acquire Luxembourg defender Maxime Chanot". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "New York City vs. Colorado Rapids | MatchCenter Boxscore". MLSsoccer.com MatchCenter. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Baer, Benjamin. "2016 Team of the Week (Wk 22): Sounders trio find rhythm in Orlando". Mlssoccer.com. MLS. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Maxine Chanot profile". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Araos, Christian (3 June 2017). "NYCFC wakes up and rallies against Union". Empire of Soccer. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Wheeler, Chris (4 June 2014). "Italy 1-1 Luxembourg: Azzurri stunned by Maxime Chanot's late equaliser". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- Sunderland, Tom (13 November 2016). "Luxembourg vs. Netherlands: Score and Reaction for World Cup 2018 Qualifying". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Chanot, Maxime". National Football Teams. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "NYCFC Duo Receive U.S. Green Cards". NYCFC.com. 1 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.