Imagine: John Lennon
|Imagine: John Lennon|
|Directed by||Andrew Solt|
Andrew Solt |
David L. Wolper
Andrew Solt |
|Narrated by||John Lennon|
John Lennon |
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|7 October 1988|
Imagine: John Lennon is a 1988 documentary film about English musician John Lennon.
Imagine: John Lennon, with its wealth of stock Lennon footage and self-narration, proved to be a well-received film. Bridging his two musical phases together as a member of the Beatles and as a solo artist, Imagine: John Lennon is a career-spanning collection of Lennon's many musical highlights. In addition, there are a couple of heretofore unreleased recordings: an acoustic demo of "Real Love" taped in 1979 (an alternate recording of which would be finished by the Beatles for 1996's Anthology 2) and a rehearsal take of "Imagine" in mid-1971 before the final take was captured.
The soundtrack sold well in the United States, reaching No. 31 on the charts and going gold.
- Imagine at Rotten Tomatoes. Accessed 20 August 2009.
- Imagine at IMDb. Accessed 20 August 2009.
- Imagine Review from DVD Movie Guide. Accessed 20 August 2009.
- Rense, Rip (9 October 1988). "New Documentary Shows a Different John Lennon[;] Yoko Ono, Who Commissioned 'Imagine,' Says It Will Counteract the Negativism of Albert Goldman's Book". Philly.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Imagine: John Lennon on IMDb
- Imagine: John Lennon at AllMovie
- Imagine: John Lennon at Rotten Tomatoes
- Imagine: John Lennon at Box Office Mojo
- Imagine: The Peace Ballad of John & Yoko exhibition Virtual Tour
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|