|Industry||Event promoter, electronic music|
|Pasquale Rotella (founder)|
|Divisions||Insomniac Records, Insomniac Radio , Bassrush, Basscon, Dreamstate, Hard (music festival), Audiotistic Music Festival, Factory 93|
Alongside EDC, Insomniac runs the electronic music events Beyond Wonderland and Nocturnal Wonderland, as well as drum and bass and dubstep-oriented events under the brand Bassrush, hardstyle events under the brand Basscon, and trance events under the brand Dreamstate. Insomniac is also involved in the operation of three Los Angeles nightclubs—Create (in partnership with SBE, built on the site of the former Vanguard Hollywood), Exchange L.A. and the underground warehouse Factory 93, located at 1756 Naud Street.
Overview and partnerships
By contrast to other promoters, Insomniac places a larger emphasis on fan experiences during its events, as opposed to focusing on profits and ticket sales, and that "our strength lies in the movement as a whole. It’s a culture. It’s powerful. It’s always been about the people that attend. It changes people’s lives.” Rotella has contended that music festivals do not require "big acts who sell out arenas", going as far as to praising Burning Man for being an "event by the people for the people" where "the organizers just provide an open space" and "people go all out."
In June 2013, Insomniac announced a number of partnerships; including one with Dick Clark Productions to produce a dance music awards show, and a major "creative partnership" with Live Nation that would allow Insomniac to take advantage of Live Nation's resources, while still retaining autonomy and creative control over its events. While specifics of the deal were not revealed, Rotella emphasized that the deal was not an acquisition, as had been speculated. Since 1993, Insomniac has produced over 2,000 festivals attended by over 5 Million people.
|Distributor(s)||Interscope Geffen A&M|
|Genre||Electronic dance music|
|Country of origin||United States|
In May 2014, Insomniac announced the formation of Insomniac Records, an EDM record label created in partnership with Interscope Geffen A&M. The label aimed to attract both "undiscovered" and "established" producers. Arty was announced as the first artist to be signed to the label. Other artists such as Bingo Players, Chris Lake and Dr. Fresch were also signed.
- Audiotistic Music Festival (Southern California, Bay Area)
- Bassrush Massive 
- Bay Nites 
- Beyond Wonderland
- Boo! 
- Countdown 
- Crush (Southern California, San Francisco, Phoenix, Dallas) 
- Dreamstate 
- Electric Daisy Carnival (UK, India, New York, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Brazil discontinued)
- Electric Forest
- Escape: Psycho Circus (formerly Escape From Wonderland)
- Hard (music festival)
- Holy Ship!
- Middlelands 
- Nocturnal Wonderland
- Project Z 
- Together as One (discontinued)
- We Are NRG 
- White Wonderland (discontinued)
- Electric Daisy Carnival (2000 album)
- Electric Daisy Carnival, Vol. 1 (2010 album)
- Electric Daisy Carnival Experience (2011 film)
- "Under the Electric Sky" (2013 film)
- Insomniac Radio
- Factory 93
- "Insomniac and SBE announce new Hollywood EDM club Create". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Insomniac works to keep Exchange L.A. up all weekend". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Electric Daisy Chain: Insomniac and Dick Clark Prod. Plan 2014 EDM Awards". Spin. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Afrojack, Illenium And Insomniac's Pasquale Rotella Talk EDC And EDM In 2018". Forbes. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "Live Nation Teams With Insomniac Events in 'Creative Partnership'". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "From Molly to Moon Tribes: Inside Electric Daisy Carnival's New #Vanlife Era". RollingStone.com. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Live Nation to Purchase 50% Stake in Insomniac Events (Report)". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Insomniac: How It All Began
- "LiveXLive's Summer of Streaming Continues with HARD Summer Music Festival 2018 This Weekend". NASDAQ. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Pasquale Rotella's Insomniac & Interscope Geffen A&M Launch New Imprint (Exclusive)". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Bay Nites
- Holy Ship!
- Project Z
- We Are NRG
- "Electric Daisy Carnival". Amazaon. Amazon. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Electric Daisy Carnival, Vol. 1 (Mixed by Kaskade)". iTunes. Apple. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Electric Daisy Carnival Experience". IMDB. IMDB. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Under the Electric Sky (2014)". IMDB. IMDB. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Insomniac Events.|
|This article about a music organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on electronic music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|