International Bowling Hall of Fame
The World Bowling Writers (WBW) International Bowling Hall of Fame was established in 1993 and is located in the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame, on the International Bowling Campus in Arlington, Texas.
The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame was located at 11 Stadium Plaza, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, and shared the same building with the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum, until November 8, 2008. It moved to Arlington and reopened in early 2010.
Criteria for election
WBW Hall of Famers are chosen strictly in the basis of athletic performance, to even qualify for consideration, a player must be an amateur and accumulate a minimum of 15 points in any combination of four specifically designated international competitions;
- the Fédération Internationale des Quilleurs (FIQ) adult World Championships
- the Bowling World Cup
- the Fédération Internationale des Quilleurs (FIQ) adult Zone Masters Championships
- and the Olympic Games
with gold medals occurring in an event other than five-person team. Five points are credited for a gold medal, three points for silver, and one for bronze.
Each summer, the WBW Administrator scans a database to determine eligible candidates and sends ballots with those players’ names and resumes to current officers of the World Bowling Writers, which formed the Hall’s Board.
There are two categories: “Men” and “Women.” Voters can cast one vote in each category for every three names listed there, and one vote for any group of “leftovers” names in each category that totals less than three. The man and woman who receive the most votes are elected.
In the case of ties, more than one man or one woman can be elected, provided that each candidate in the tie receives at least two-thirds of the total votes cast in that category that year. If that standard is not met, no one is elected in that category that year.
(WBW) International Bowling Hall of Fame members
- See footnote
- "International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame homepage.". Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Bowler’s Journal International October 1997 WBW Hall? You’ve Got to Earn It, Page 78 Know the Score article written by Lydia Rypcinski
- Honorees | Hall of Famers webpage. International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame website. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- WBW Hall of Fame List through 2012
- International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame website