Iraqis in Denmark
|29,600 (Oct. 2010)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Danish, Iraqi Arabic, English|
|Predominantly Islam and Christianity (Syriac Christianity and Catholic).|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Iraqi diaspora, Arabs in Denmark|
Demography and distribution
With a total Iraqi population in Denmark numbering of 29,600 (17,029 of whom are living in Zealand, 9,647 living in Jutland, 2,889 in Funen and 35 in Bornholm), there are organizations such as the Iraqi-Danish Culture Days, which is currently organized in the capital of Copenhagen. They are one of the largest Arab ethnic groups living in Denmark. They mostly live in the capital Copenhagen, especially in the Nørrebro area.
Iraqi nationals currently make up the largest group of unsuccessful asylum seekers in Denmark.
- Fenar Ahmad, filmmaker, producer
- Anja Al-Erhayem, filmmaker, born to Iraqi father and Danish mother
- Mohamed Ali, singer who appeared on Denmark's X Factor
- Tariq Hashim, director
- Aida Nadeem, musician
- Avar Raza, footballer
- Zeena Zaki, Iraqi fashion designer born in Copenhagen
- Statistikbanken. "Danmarks Statistik". Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- Iraqi-Danish Culture Days Festival in Copenhagen
- 13000 Iraqis cast vote in Denmark; 95 percent turn
- Information on Return and Reintegration for Iraqi Migrants in Denmark (IRRIM)
- http://www.juleadomani.com/ About Zeena Zaki
- The Council of Iraqi Community in Denmark http://iraqicouncil.dk/
|This article about ethnicity or ethnology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|