Ірина Григорівна Бережна
|Died||5 August 2017 (aged 36)|
Irina Berezhna (Ukrainian: Ірина Григорівна Бережна, Iryna Hryhorivna Berezhna; her name in Russian is spelled as: Irina Berezhnaya) (13 August 1980 – 5 August 2017) was a Ukrainian politician who represented the Party of Regions in the Verkhovna Rada, while serving as a People's Deputy from 2007 to 2014.
She was born in 1980 in Voroshylovhrad (present day Luhansk), Ukrainian SSR, USSR. In 2002 Irina Berezhna graduated from the Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, law faculty, majoring in jurisprudence. In 2009 she graduated from the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine with a degree in public administration. After training in her major, as provided by applicable law, in January 2004 she successfully passed the qualification exam, received a licence for notarial activities, and worked as a trainee notary in Kiev. During the training (2000-2002) Berezhna worked as an assistant-consultant of the Chairman of the Subcommittee on legislation, systematization of legislation and its conformity with international law, the Committee on Legal Policy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. In 1999, she opened her first business, a travel agency. In 2004 she became the Deputy Director for Legal Affairs at LLC law firm Astra-Service. In 2008, her notary office received a professional award "European quality" of European Business Association (Oxford, UK). Until November 2007 Irina Berezhnaya was a private notary in Kiev city notarial district.
Scientific and public activities
In July 2007 Berezhna received her PhD in law. She was also the author of several publications on law and notarial practice in the legal and business editions, and was a member of the Ukrainian Bar Association. She worked closely with the Association of Lawyers of Ukraine, the Chamber of Notaries, and the European Business Association. She was also known for her pro-Russian and Eurosceptic views. She was an awardee of all-Ukrainian prize "Woman of the 3rd Millennium".
- Chairman of the Subcommittee on rights, freedoms and interests of citizens and systematizing, adaptation of Ukraine's legislation to international legal standards in the field of justice and the status of judges of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine Committee on Justice
- Member of the Ukrainian part of Committee on Parliamentary Cooperation between Ukraine and the European Union
- Head of the Group for interparliamentary relations with Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of Algeria
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the United States of America
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with Poland
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with Russia
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of Korea
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Federal Republic of Germany
Death and burial
Irina Berezhna died on 5 August 2017 in a car accident near the Adriatic coast of Croatia. The driver lost control and the car went off the winding road. Her daughter survived. Ukrainian newspaper "Fakty" with reference to Croatian portal zadarski.slobodnadalmacija.hr informed that the incident took place in a middle of night at 01:30 on a highway between Croatian port village Maslenica and small settlement Posedarje along the bay Novigradsko more. Two others perished in the crash: a female of 37 and a 38-year-old male, a citizen of Bulgaria. A "Mercedes" with a Bulgarian license plate was driving towards Posedarje, but for unknown reasons left the road and ran into a pole. As the result of the road incident, an 8-year-old child that was in the car was injured. The girl was taken to a hospital in the city of Zadar.
On 10 August 2017 in the Refectory Church of the Kiev Cave Monastery a memorial service was held which was attended by a number of politicians and celebrities including Dmytro Dobkin, Nestor Shufrych, Hanna Herman, Davyd Zhvania, Mykola Martynenko, Ihor Huzhva, Olha Freimut, Svetlana Loboda and others. According to Strana.ua Daniella, a daughter of Berezhna, will be fostered by Boris Fuksman. Berezhna was buried the same day at Zvirynets Cemetery.
- "Ірина Бережна". berezhnaya.com.ua. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "CEC registers 357 newly elected deputies of 422". National Radio Company of Ukraine. 25 November 2014. Archived from the original on 4 December 2014.
"Parliament to form leadership and coalition on November 27". UNIAN. 26 November 2014.
- "Биография Бережная Ирина Григорьевна". www.info.pardon.com.ua. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Бережная Ирина". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "The". OstroV. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Народний Депутат України". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Харків'яни подарували Раді брата Добкіна, Бережну і Горіну". Українська правда. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Україна, Святослав Хоменко ВВС. "Найцікавіші факти про мажоритарку". BBC Україна. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Бережна народила собі дівчинку". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "ЗМІ повідомили про таємничого чоловіка, що забрав доньку загиблої Бережної - Телеканал новин 24". Телеканал новин 24. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Экс-нардеп Ирина Бережная погибла в автокатастрофе". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Ex-MP Iryna Berezhna killed in car accident - KyivPost". 5 August 2017. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- There became public details of the road incident in which perished former People's Deputy Iryna Berezhna (Стали известны подробности ДТП, в котором погибла экс-депутат Ирина Бережная). Fakty.ua. 5 August 2017
- Kvitka, V. To wish farewell to Iryna Berezhna there arrived politicians and friends (Проститься с Ириной Бережной пришли политики и друзья). Strana.ua. 10 August 2017
- Former People's Deputy Iryna Berezhna was buried at Zvirynets Cemetery (Экс-нардепа Ирину Бережную похоронили на Зверинецком кладбище в Киеве). Nasha Rada. 10 August 2017