Isaac Kiese Thelin
|Full name||Isaac Kiese Thelin|
|Date of birth||24 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Örebro, Sweden|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Anderlecht (on loan from Bordeaux)|
|2017–||→ Anderlecht (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 January 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 March 2017
Kiese Thelin began his career at Karlslunds IF from Örebro, a club he had been playing football for since the age of five. He played from the club as they played in Sweden's Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3. In 2011 he transferred to newly promoted Allsvenskan side IFK Norrköping. Kiese Thelin made his breakthrough in the 2012 season when he appeared in eleven matches for the club and scored twice. For the 2013 season he increased his appearances to 25 and scored another four goals. After having appeared sporadically during the 2014 season, it was announced on 4 June 2014 that Kiese Thelin had signed a four-year contract with fellow Allsvenskan club and reigning champions Malmö FF.
On 4 June 2014 it was announced that Kiese Thelin would transfer to Malmö FF. It was announced that Malmö FF were in negotiations with IFK Norrköping to complete the transfer in summer of 2014 instead of completing the transfer after the season when Kiese Thelin's contract ended. On 5 July 2014 it was confirmed by Malmö FF that Kiese Thelin would join the club on 15 July 2014. He made his debut for the club in the first leg of the second qualifying round to the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League against FK Ventspils on 16 July 2014. Kiese Thelin would prove to play a crucial part of the team that defended the Allsvenskan league title and qualified for the group stage of the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League. In his 14 league appearances for the club he scored five goals, the first against Kalmar FF in the away fixture on 19 July 2014. He also scored two important goals for the club in the UEFA Champions League qualifying campaign, the first in the away game against FK Ventspils on 23 July 2014 and the second in the away game against Sparta Prague on 29 July 2014. Overall Kiese Thelin participated in all of the clubs 12 matches in the 2014–15 UEFA Champions League. After the season, he was nominated for newcomer of the year at Svenska idrottsgalan. On 20 January 2015 Malmö FF announced that they had reached a verbal agreement with Ligue 1 side Bordeaux for the transfer of Kiese Thelin.
On 22 January 2015, Ligue 1 club Bordeaux confirmed the transfer of Kiese Thelin. He signed a contract lasting until 2019. He made his debut two days later in a goalless draw against SC Bastia, appearing in the whole match.
Kiese Thelin was selected for Sweden U17 in 2009, he made three caps and scored once. Thelin was selected for Sweden U21 in 2014 and scored two goals in his first two appearances. He made his international debut on 15 November 2014 against Montenegro.
- As of 22 August 2016.
- As of 25 March 2017.
- Scores and results list Sweden's goal tally first.
|1.||15 November 2016||Groupama Arena, Budapest||Hungary||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
|2.||25 March 2017||Friends Arena, Stockholm||Belarus||4–0||4–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Malmö FF
- Balkander, Mattias (11 November 2014). "Debutanten Kiese Thelin är inte nervös". Göteborgs-Posten (in Swedish). Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Isaac Kiese Thelin". Svenskfotboll. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Isaac Kiese Thelin på plats i Malmö FF". mff.se (in Swedish). Malmö FF. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Isaac Kiese Thelin klar för MFF". mff.se (in Swedish). Malmö FF. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Isaac Kiese Thelin är spelklar för MFF per den 15 juli". mff.se (in Swedish). Malmö FF. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Malmö and Ventspils play out goalless draw". uefa.com. UEFA. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Kalmar FF 1–1 Malmö FF". svenskfotboll.se (in Swedish). The Swedish Football Association. 19 July 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Ventspils' dream dashed by Malmö". uefa.com. UEFA. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Lafata treble puts Sparta in charge against Malmö". uefa.com. UEFA. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Här är de nominerade till Idrottsgalan". sverigesradio.se (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 12 November 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "MFF muntligen överrens om Kiese Thelin-övergång". mff.se (in Swedish). Malmö FF. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Transfert - Isaac Kiese Thelin est bordelais !". girondins.com (in French). FC Girondins de Bordeaux. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Isaac Kiese Thelin". soccerway.com (in Swedish). Soccerway. Retrieved 4 June 2014.