|Full name||Ján Kocian|
|Date of birth||13 March 1958|
|Place of birth||Zlaté Moravce, Czechoslovakia|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|1979–1988||FK Dukla Banská Bystrica||209||(20)|
|1988–1993||FC St. Pauli||129||(8)|
|1993–1995||Slovakia (assistant manager)|
|1996–1997||FK Dukla Banská Bystrica|
|1999–2002||1. FC Köln (assistant manager)|
|2002–2004||Eintracht Frankfurt (assistant manager)|
|2008–2009||Austria (assistant manager)|
|2011||Jiangsu Sainty F.C.|
|2011–2012||South China AA|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 October 2014|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 October 2014
Kocian began his coaching career with Czech side FK Drnovice before moving to the German clubs FC Rot-Weiss Erfurt and Sportfreunde Siegen. He has also worked as an assistant at 1. FC Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt.
He was appointed the new head coach of the Slovakia national football team on 2 November 2006, replacing Dušan Galis. Previously, he had worked as an assistant to former national coach Dr Jozef Vengloš between 1993 and 1995. He was last seven months Assistant Coach from Karel Brückner by Austria between 4 March 2009.
On 28 June 2011, Kocian has been announced as the Hong Kong First Division League team South China AA's new head coach. Despite being one of the highest-profile coaches ever to coach a Hong Kong club, his tenure with South China was generally viewed as a disappointment. South China finished 3rd in the 2011-12 Hong Kong First Division League, and were trophyless for the first time in six seasons. Kocian was not offered new contract at the end of the season
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ján Kocian.|
- Ján Kocian at National-Football-Teams.com
- 江苏正式宣布签约新洋帅 科西安:我来执教不是为钱 (in Chinese). sina.com.cn. 8 December 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "新教練 Jan Kocian" (in Chinese). South China Football Club official blog. 28 June 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "السلوفاكي جان كوسيان مدرباً للمنتخب الوطني الأول". www.yemenfa.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2018-10-26.