Jagdish Chand Anand better known as J.C. Anand (1922 – 1977) was a film producer and distributor from Pakistan. One of the largest distributors within the country, he founded Eveready Pictures in Karachi.
Anand was born in 1922 in Bhera, Sargodha District, British India. His father was a businessman. His family opted to stay back in Pakistan at the time of Partition in 1947. Indian actress Juhi Chawla is his wife's sister's daughter. His son, Satish Chand Anand continues to make films in Pakistan.
Soon after independence in 1947, Anand founded Eveready Pictures to produce and distribute films. Pakistan's pioneer film producer Agha G. A. Gul was his colleague and a friend. Film producer J. C. Anand played a key role in inviting Indian film maker Roop K. Shorey and his then popular actress wife Meena Shorey to Pakistan to make Miss 56 (1956 film). Meena Shorey was born in Raiwind, Punjab near Lahore and had become famously known as the Larra Lappa girl after the success of Indian film Ek Thi Ladki (1949).
- Sassi (1954) (first golden jubilee film of Pakistan
- Heer (1955) (with highly popular music and film songs by music director Safdar Hussain)
- Miss 56 (1956)
- Ishq-e-Laila (1957)
- Murad (1957)
- Noor-e-Islam (1957) (with super-hit Naat song Shah-e-Madina Yasrab Ke Waali')
- Hasrat (1958)
- Alam Ara (1959)
- Dulhan (1963)
- Mushtaq Gazdar. "Producer J.C. Anand in Pakistan Cinema 1947 - 1999 on GoogleBooks". Oxford University Press, 1997. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Profile and filmography of J.C. Anand on cineplot.com website Published 25 May 2014, Retrieved 20 February 2018
- J. C. Anand, founder of Eveready Group of Pakistan Retrieved 21 February 2018
- Film Miss 56 (1956) on CITWF website Retrieved 21 February 2018
- Roop K. Shorey and Meena Shorey on muvyz.com website Retrieved 21 February 2018
- Film cast and crew of J. C. Anand produced Punjabi film Heer (1955) on IMDb website Retrieved 21 February 2018
- J. C. Anand's Punjabi film Heer (1955) on Complete Index To World Film (CITWF) website Retrieved 21 February 2018
- J. C. Anand produced Noor-e-Islam (1957 film) on IMDb website Retrieved 21 February 2018
- IMDb Profile of J.C. Anand
- Filmography of J. C. Anand on Complete Index To World Film (CITWF) website
- Eveready Group of Companies
|This article about a Pakistani film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|