|Born||Jacqueline Mary Jossa
29 October 1992
Bexley, London, England
|Partner(s)||Daniel Osborne (engaged, 2013–)|
|Relatives||Megan Jossa (cousin)|
Jacqueline Mary Jossa (born 29 October 1992) is an English actress from Bexley, London, best known for playing Lauren Branning in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. She won "Best Newcomer" at the National Television Awards 2012.
Jossa was born in the London Borough of Bexley. She trained at D&B Theatre School in Bromley followed by the Royal Academy of Music in London. She has one older sister, Katrina. She is the cousin of former EastEnders actress Megan Jossa. She is half Irish from her mother who moved to England before Jossa was born. A talented musician, she played a version of the Grieg Piano Concerto at Primary school.
Jossa was cast in EastEnders in 2010 as Lauren Branning, taking over from Madeline Duggan who played the role from 2006 to 2010. Jossa was "excited" to join the show, saying she has always been a fan. Her first appearance was on 27 September 2010. Jossa also appears in Lauren's internet spin-off series, Lauren's Diaries, with two series in 2010 and 2011.
Awards and nominations
Jossa was nominated in the category of "Best Soap Newcomer" at the 2011 TV Choice Awards. On 25 January 2012 Jossa won "Best Newcomer" at the National Television Awards. She was shortlisted in the category "Sexiest Female" in the British Soap Awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014 but lost to Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) of Coronation Street. In 2013, Jossa was nominated for Best Actress at the Inside Soap Awards which she later won. She was also nominated for Best Storyline for "Lauren's struggle with alcohol" as well as sexiest female. In 2014, Jossa won Sexiest Female at the Inside Soap Awards.
Jossa is in a relationship with The Only Way is Essex 's Daniel Osborne. On 15 August 2014, they confirmed that they are expecting their first child together. On 10 January 2015, it was revealed they were expecting a baby girl. On 15 February 2015, Jossa gave birth to her and Osborne's daughter, Ella Selina. In June 2015, Jossa and Osborne announced their engagement with Osborne commenting that he was the "luckiest man in the world".
- "Jacqueline Jossa". D&B School of Performing Arts. Retrieved 6 August 2010.[dead link]
- "Search results". findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (6 August 2010). "New actress to play Lauren in 'Enders". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (September 2010). "Ryan and Janine face a big crisis". Digital Spy. London: Hachette Filipacchi UK. Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (29 April 2011). "'EastEnders' Pics: New 'Lauren's Diaries' episode". Digital Spy (London: Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "BBC Three - Sweat the Small Stuff, Series 2, Episode 1". BBC Online. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Wrightman, Catriona (18 May 2011). "In Full: TV Choice Awards 2011 – Nominees". Digital Spy. (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Fletcher, Alex (25 January 2012). "National Television Awards winners list – In full". Digital Spy. (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (29 April 2012). "British Soap Awards 2012 - winners in full - Soaps News - Digital Spy". Digital Spy (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Heath, Olivia (2 July 2014). "TOWIE's Dan Osborne talks EastEnders' Jacqueline Jossa: 'I'm in love'". Reveal. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "EastEnders actress Jacqueline Jossa and TOWIE star Dan Osborne are expecting a baby - Daily Mail Online". Mail Online.
- "Dan Osborne and Jacqueline Jossa expecting a baby girl". Digital Spy.
- Deen, Sarah (15 June 2015). "‘I’m marrying the woman of my dreams': Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne are engaged". Metro. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jacqueline Jossa.|