September 12, 1979 |
Wichita County, Texas
|Alma mater||University of Texas
Southern Methodist University
|Occupation||Television producer, Author|
|Spouse(s)||Erica Dahm (2006–present)|
|Children||Avery (b. 2010)
London (b. 2011)
Jay Phillip McGraw (born September 12, 1979) is the son of Phil McGraw (Dr. Phil) and Robin McGraw. He has one younger brother, Jordan (a musician). He has written several books aimed at young people. He has also appeared on the Dr. Phil show.
McGraw is president and CEO of Stage 29 Productions in Los Angeles, a company he co-founded with his father. He has served as executive producer on several prime-time Dr. Phil specials. He appeared as host of Renovate My Family, which aired on Fox.
McGraw was born in Wichita County, Texas, and attended Greenhill School and is a graduate of the University of Texas, receiving a B.S. in psychology. He earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University. He is executive producer of the TV series The Doctors.
McGraw wed Playboy model Erica Dahm at his parents' home in Beverly Hills on August 12, 2006. A reception for 400 guests followed the ceremony at the Beverly Hills Hotel. In March 2010, Dahm gave birth to the couple's first daughter, Avery Elizabeth McGraw. In March 2011, McGraw and his wife announced they were expecting their second child in September 2011. Erica gave birth to a son, London Philip McGraw, on August 31, 2011.
- Closing The Gap: A Strategy for Bringing Parents and Teens Together (2001) ISBN 0-7432-2469-8
- Life Strategies For Teens (2000) ISBN 0-7432-1546-X
- Life Strategies For Teens Workbook
- Daily Life Strategies for Teens (2001) ISBN 0-7432-2471-X
- The Ultimate Weight Solution for Teens (2003) ISBN 0-7432-5747-2
In 2010 McGraw launched RumorFix, an anti-tabloid website that examines tabloid rumors and stories to verify whether or not they are factual. If a story is deemed true, the website labels it as "It's True", with unconfirmed rumors marked as "Still a Rumor" and false rumors marked with "RumorFixed". Mediaite commented that the site was very similar to Gossip Cop, a pre-existing website that also specialized in investigating whether or not celebrity rumors were true or false.
- Dr. Phil (2006). "Jay and Erica's Wedding". DrPhil.com. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
During the ceremony, Jay and Erica spoke deeply touching vows they wrote themselves. Dr. Phil served as Jay's best man.
- "Dr. Phil Becomes a Grandfather". people.com. March 19, 2010.
- "Jay McGraw In Gossip Biz?". New York Post. Retrieved September 30, 2010.
- Augustine, Anthony (October 20, 2011). "Siteseeing: RumorFix", Winnipeg Free Press, p. E3.
- "Rumor Fix? Dr. Phil's Son To Launch Gossip Cop Knock Off Site". Mediaite.com. Retrieved September 26, 2010.