1 July 1957 |
Hammersmith, London, England
|Occupation||TV Producer and Writer|
Jay Pond-Jones (born 1 July 1957 in London) is a British TV producer and writer. Jay is CEO of the London-based independent television production company, Colour TV.
He is best known as one of the creators, writers and executive producer, of the television series Flipside TV. It ran in the UK for 130 episodes, on Channel 4, Paramount Comedy and Nation 217. Flipside TV had a presenter and three guests watching and reviewing television live as it happened showing the viewers at home what they could be seeing on the other channels. The studio banter from the host and guests provided a comedic commentary and critique. The tagline was "They flip channels so you don¹t have to."
During 2005/6 Jay was an executive producer of the TV series Celebrity Soup, the UK's version of the US's long-running series The Soup The Soup. It ran on E! Entertainment channel in the UK. Celebrity Soup was a weekly topical comedy focusing on pop culture and television highlights. The series was hosted by former The 11 O'Clock Show with presenter Iain Lee.
In 2009/10 Jay was executive producer of The International Sexy Ladies Show, a comedy show that ran on Comcast¹s G4 network. There were 20 episodes made across the two seasons. The comedians featured included Doug Benson, Sherrod Small, Steve Byrne, Alex Zane and Jo Koy.
- http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a212967/bacon-keen-for-flipside-tv-return.html Flipside TV, Digital Spy, Retrieved 2011-03-12
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428114/ Flipside TV, IMDb, Retrieved 2011-03-12
- http://www.ciao.co.uk/Flipside_TV__Review_5463822 Flipside TV, CIAO, Retrieved 2011-03-12
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810515/ Celebrity Soup, IMDb, Retrieved 2011-03-12
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1476886/ The International Sexy Ladies Show, IMDb, Retrieved 2011-03-12