|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Miss Philippines Earth 2007.
|Born||Jeanne Angeles Harn|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Earth Philippines 2007|
|Miss Earth 2007 (Unplaced)|
Jeanne Angeles Harn (born in Rodriguez, Rizal, Philippines) is a Filipino fashion and ramp model, environmentalist, and beauty queen. She competed and won the national beauty pageant Miss Philippines Earth 2007. She was crowned by Miss Philippines Earth 2006 Catherine Untalan.
She has a degree in bachelor of science in Business Administration major in management information system from the Information and Communications Technology Academy. She worked as an account executive for an advertising agency in Makati City, Philippines. After her reign as Miss Philippines Earth, she worked for Nestle Philippines as a Channel Business Specialist as a supervisor managing sales representatives of Nestle's distributor, Philippine Vending Corporation responsible for the sales of the company in the Greater Manila Area. Currently, she is working as a Marketing Manager for Carousel Productions, Inc.
She traditionally celebrates her birthday every year either with the home for the aged and elderly facilities like the Golden Acres and Tahanang Walang Hagdanan or to various institutions for children like the cancer society of the National Children's Hospital.
Miss Earth Philippines
She competed in the Miss Philippines-Earth 2007 beauty pageant, which was held at the University of the Philippines Theater in Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines on April 29, 2007. She emerged as the eventual winner of the event.
On June 23, 2007, Harn graced the "Feast of the Forest" celebration in Puerto Princesa City, the 15th year of the city’s annual treeplanting extravaganza, where an estimated 40,000 seedlings of mahogany, acacia mangium and local tree species had been planted in a 17-hectare site on the edges of the Irawan forest.
Harn and Miss Earth 2006 Hil Hernandez led the International Coastal Clean-up Day event in Manila in September 2007, which aims to bring together people from all nations to gather and clean their shores once a year. The following month, Harn and the United States Ambassador to the Philippines, Kristie Kenney spoke at the launching of a U.S.-supported, 60-second cinema ad on environmental protection, titled “Eco Defenders vs. Global Warming,” geared towards elementary school children on April 3, 2008. The animated cinema ad was the first of four environmental ads featuring “Tips to Reduce Carbon Footprints.”
Harn and EcoWaste Coalition launched the campaign, “Iwas PaputTOXIC 2008,” an eco-friendly alternatives campaign to firecrackers in welcoming the New Year on September 2007, in Quezon City, Philippines.
She traveled in Palawan on January 25, 2008 and met with Puerto Princesa Mayor Edward Hagedorn to launch an electrically motorized tricycle with powered batteries under the passenger seat, called "trikebayan," which is a tricycle without noise and air pollution. She was one of the guest speakers in the launching of the "International Year of Sanitation" on February 18, 2008, which coincided with the release of the study funded by the World Bank and the Water and Sanitation Extension Program and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Harn also joined the campaign against illegal settlers on sewers and riverbanks to restore the quality of Philippine water basins on April 3, 2008. She participated the Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources in its efforts on reviving the Philippines' dying waters, including Manila Bay and Laguna de Bay.
In the Philippine Daily Inquirer Read-Along storytelling program for children, she read the story titled Sa Bakawan, a story about mangroves, the dangers of pollution and improper waste disposal for over a hundred children at the Nayon ng Kabataan in Mandaluyong City on February 6, 2010, along with Miss Philippines Earth 2009 Sandra Seifert and Miss Philippines Earth 2001 Carlene Aguilar. The three Miss Earth beauties all celebrated their birthdays in February (Seifert, Feb. 1; Harn, Feb. 4; and Aguilar, Feb. 8) and decided to reach out and spend time with the children as a gesture of thanksgiving.
Miss Earth 2007
By winning Miss Philippines-Earth, Harn earned the right to represent the Philippines at Miss Earth 2007, where she was unplaced. She however won the Miss Photogenic award at the international pageant. The pageant was eventually won by Canada's Jessica Trisko.
In 2001, Harn participated and won the Miss STI 2001 college system pageant, the largest information technology-based education system in the Philippines. On the same year she also competed and won the Sta. Lucia Generation East modelling search in the Philippines. In 2002, Harn joined the Bodyshots 2002 modelling competition and she won the Miss Photogenic Award and placed as one of the top five finalists. Currently, she is a part-time model with CalCarrie International Modelling Agency.
- Adina, Armin (2007-11-04). "More stunners in Miss Earth '07". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Vibas, Danny (2007-11-01). "Miss Earth Candidates To Showcase Hidden Talents". Manila Times. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Yazon, Giovanni Paolo J. (2007-05-05). "Experience is Harn's advantage". Manila Standard Today. Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2009-12-29.
- Adina, Armin (2007-05-14). "Miss RP-Earth focused on goal". The INQUIRER Network. Archived from the original on 2011-08-27. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Adina, Armin (2007-04-14). "Tall girls & the Miss Earth crown". The INQUIRER Network. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Anda, Redempto (2007-06-25). "Noted artists lead tree-planting feast in Puerto Princesa". The INQUIRER Network. Archived from the original on 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Schück, Lorraine (2007-09-14). "Hil Hernandez: A Third Call to Heal". Miss Earth News. Archived from the original on December 22, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- U.S. Embassy News, Online (2007-10-20). "U.S. Ambassador, Miss Earth USA Launch "Eco Defenders" Cinema Ad on Environmental Protection". Embassy of the United States in Manila. Archived from the original on March 3, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Burgonio, TJ (2007-12-21). "Have a merry Christmas and green New Year". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Bondoc, Joan (2008-01-25). "Joy Ride" (PDF). The Asian Journal (New York & New Jersey). Retrieved 2010-01-02.[permanent dead link]
- Inquirer News, Online (2008-02-15). "RP to launch international year of sanitation". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2008-02-16. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Lopez, Allison (2008-04-03). "LGUs urged to remove squatters from sewers, riverbanks". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- De Guzman, Lawrence (14 February 2010). "Tales of love inspire at Inquirer Read-Along". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- Adina, Armin (2009-05-09). "Miss RP-Earth tonight". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2009-05-13. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Adina, Armin (2007-12-09). "Mutya is RP's last hope for this year". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Lo, Ricardo F. (2007-04-29). "A gallery of Winsome 'Environment Warriors'". Philippine Star. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
|Miss Philippines Earth