Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Marchioness of Douro|
|Born||Jemma Madeleine Kidd
20 September 1974
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Make up artist, former fashion model|
|Spouse(s)||Arthur Wellesley, Marquess of Douro (m. 2005)|
Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro, née Kidd is an English marchioness by courtesy, make up artist and fashion model. She currently resides on the Stratfield Saye estate, Hampshire, with her husband and their three children.
Jemma is the second child of Johnny Kidd (a businessman and former showjumping champion) and Wendy Madeline Hodge Kidd, the daughter of Sir John Rowland Hodge, 2nd Baronet and founder of the Holder's Festival. Jemma is also a paternal great-granddaughter of the newspaper baron Lord Beaverbrook who founded The Daily Express.
The sister of international supermodel Jodie Kidd, Jemma led a successful career as a fashion model in her own right before discovering a new calling as a make-up artist. In 2003, Jemma opened her own "Make-up School" in London, and a cosmetics line of the same name was launched in 2006 and was available in the UK (in Boots), America, Australia, Hong Kong, and Canada. The business went into administration on October 2012. She is the author of the books Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass, published in 2009, and Jemma Kidd Make-up Secrets, to be released in November 2012.
She is married to Arthur Wellesley, Marquess of Douro, elder son of Duke of Wellington and his wife HRH Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington and heir of the title Duke of Wellington. Their wedding took place at St James Church in Barbados on 4 June 2005.
On 12 September 2009, the couple announced that they were expecting twins. Jemma Kidd gave birth to the twins on 4 January 2010 at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. One was a girl, later named Mae Madeline, and the other a boy, Arthur Darcy, who has the courtesy title of Earl of Mornington. Their third child, a son named Alfred, was born 10 December 2014.
Titles and styles
- 20 September 1974 – 4 June 2005: Miss Jemma Kidd
- 4 June 2005 – 30 December 2014: Countess of Mornington
- 31 December 2014 – present: Marchioness of Douro
- Margot Peppers (4 March 2014). "British countess Jemma Kidd offers a glimpse inside her grand 18th century Hampshire estate". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- He was educated at Harrow School. In 1962, he was the European junior individual showjumping champion and he wrote the equestrian sport books, Reins in Our Hands (1966) and Take Off (1974). He was Chairman of Columbia Laboratories Inc. and lived at Holders House, St. James, Barbados and at 745 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, New York, U.S.A.
- John Edward Aitken Kidd The Peerage.
- Lundy, Darryl. "Person Page 12060". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.[unreliable source]
- Katy Young (8 October 2012). "Jemma Kidd Cosmetics Enters Administration; The Daily Telegraph". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- Katie Nicholl (12 September 2009). "KATIE NICHOLL: The pair of Wellingtons bringing baby joy to Jemma Kidd | Mail Online". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro at the Internet Movie Database
- Jemma Kidd Make Up Artist and Cosmetics
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|