25 September 1978 |
Guildford, Surrey, England
Kidd was born in 1978, the daughter of the businessman and former showjumper Johnny Kidd. Kidd's maternal great-grandfather was the Canadian press baron Max Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook. Kidd's mother, Wendy Madeleine Kidd (neé Hodge), is one of the three daughters of Sir John Rowland Hodge, 2nd Baronet, and runs the Holders Festival on Barbados. Kidd's aunt is the model Vicki Hodge.
Jodie was a showjumper as a child and attended St Michael's School, Burton Park, Petworth, West Sussex. Kidd has two siblings. Her elder sister, Jemma Kidd (born 1974), married Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquess of Douro, son of the current Duke of Wellington in June 2005. Kidd's brother, Jack Kidd (born 1973) is a polo player. Kidd also has a half brother, the entrepreneur Nick D'Arcy Whiting (born 1962) and a half sister Debbie Parris (born 1964).
Kidd was 15 when she was discovered by photographer Terry O'Neil on a beach in Barbados. Her modelling career began when he introduced her to model agent Laraine Ashton. When Kidd began modelling at 16 there was an uproar – accusations were made that promotion of her slender figure encouraged teenage girls to become anorexic when they tried to mimic her looks. Her skeletal figure led to accusations, because she is tall (6 ft 2) and at the time her weight was 48 kg (106 lb) (BMI of 13.6; WHO class at 16 years, "severe thinness").
Kidd modelled with the leading models from Capellino, Chanel, Ernesto Esposito, Fendissime, Gai Mattiolo, Ghost, Lagerfeld, Malhas, Monsoon, and Motorola and also featured in campaigns for Chloé 'Innocence' perfume and Yves Saint Laurent. She also appeared on the cover of Elle magazine in Australia, Italy, Portugal, Singapore, Sweden and the United States.
During an eight-month break in modelling, Kidd increased weight to become a size eight dress size. 
Kidd's career as a television personality has included participation on Strictly Come Dancing 2008, in which she partnered with professional dancer Ian Waite; they finished in sixth place, and Kidd left the show in a "dance-off" against former model and television presenter Lisa Snowdon. In 2014, Kidd was a finalist in the BBC's annual cookery programme Celebrity Masterchef; she lost the championship to actor Sophie Thompson. In 2015 she appeared in series 2 of The Jump.
Kidd and her father are producers of the musical Yarico, a tale of romance and slavery in Barbados, based on the 17th-century operetta Yarico and Inkle.
She drives a Maserati and is noted for completing the fastest Celebrity Lap in the Suzuki Liana on the Top Gear car show (Series 2 Episode 8 : 6 July 2003). She was later overtaken by Simon Cowell (Series 3 Episode 5 : 9 November 2003) and is now ranked 8-13:th fastest.
Following a year-long romance and engagement, Kidd married Internet entrepreneur Aidan Butler on 10 September 2005 at St Peter's Church, Twineham, West Sussex. The couple split up after 18 months of marriage.
Kidd's son by her partner Andrea Vianini, an Argentinian polo player, was born in on 5 September 2011, named Indio Vianini Kidd. Kidd and Vianini split in the summer of 2013. Kidd subsequently married David Blakeley, a former British Army captain and author in August 2014. The couple split in January 2015, after four months of marriage and were granted a 'quickie divorce' on the 1st May 2015.
|2003||Top Gear||Star in a Reasonably Priced Car||Lap time: 1 min 48 seconds (Series 2, episode 8).|
|2006||Gumball 3000: Drivin' Me Crazy|
|2008||Who Do You Think You Are?||Appears as herself to trace her family tree.|
|2008||Clarkson: Thriller||Appears as herself to race Jeremy Clarkson in a Fiat 500.|
|2010||Countryfile||Presenter in December 2010.|
|2011||Top Gear||Guest in race – Top Gear UK versus Top Gear Australia – for the Ashes.|
|2013||Celebrity Antiques Road Trip||Competitor, against James Martin.||Series 3, Episode 14|
|2015||The Classic Car Show||Presenter with Quentin Willson|
|2015||The Jump||Contestant.||Eliminated, 3 February 2015.|
- "Jodie Kidd". Fashion Model Directory. 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Burke's Peerage, volume 1 (1999), p. 232
- Carole Cadwalladr. "It's super-duper, but definitely not Jilly Cooper". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Arthur Wellesley - Title, family, Jemma Kidd & children - Tatler List". Tatler. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "The rock star, the polo set and the man who played them for fools". The Daily Telegraph. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Burke's Peerage volume 2 (2003), p. 1,932
- "Why are they famous? Jodie Kidd". The Independent (UK: findarticles.com). 25 October 1998.[dead link]
- Vanessa Thorpe. "Jodie Kidd brings story of love and slavery to the London stage". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Carter, Melanie (6 December 2004). "Supermodel Jodie Kidd Wins Her First Ever Motor Race". carpages.co.uk. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "BBC Sport: Golf: Winter warriors". London: BBC. 14 January 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Stadlen, Matthew (25 September 2014). "Ryder Cup ambassador Jodie Kidd: 'I could have been a professional golfer'". The Daily Telegraph (London). ISSN 0307-1235. OCLC 49632006. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Top Gear Track Guide". Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Jodie's marriage falls apart". Metro News. 23 April 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "'Excited' Jodie Kidd expecting first baby". Hello!. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Exclusive: Jodie Kidd happy to announce the birth of her first child". Hello!. 5 September 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Gusmaroli, Danielle (14 April 2014). "Jodie Kidd is engaged to ex-soldier David Blakeley". Daily Mail. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Thistlethwaite, Felicity (30 January 2015). "Jodie Kidd and David Blakeley split after four months of marriage". Daily Express. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Saunders, Louise (1 May 2015). "Jodie Kidd's husband of four months David Blakeley granted a 'quickie' divorce on account of her 'unreasonable behaviour'". Daily Mail. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Who Do You Think You Are? - Jodie Kidd". BBC One. 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Celebrity Antiques Road Trip: Series 3, Number 14. James Martin and Jodie Kidd". Radio Times. 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- McGeorge, Alistair (3 February 2015). "The Jump 2015: Louie Spence and Jodie Kidd eliminated as Louise Hazel gets highest leap". Trinity Mirror (London). ISSN 9975-9950. OCLC 223228477. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Jodie Kidd on Twitter
- Jodie Kidd at the Internet Movie Database
- Jodie Kidd at the Fashion Model Directory