Davis performing with Paramore, 2009
|Birth name||Jeremiah Clayton Davis|
February 8, 1985 |
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
|Fender Jeremy Davis custom shop model
In 2002, at the age of 16, he was living in Franklin, Tennessee, where he played in a funk cover band called The Factory, where he met Hayley Williams. Through Williams, Davis met the other members, brothers Josh Farro and Zac Farro, then forming Paramore.
Paramore was created in Franklin, Tennessee in 2004 by the two brothers Josh Farro (lead guitar/backing vocals) and Zac Farro (drums). Taylor York was also a part of the band from the very beginning, but his parents wanted him to finish school first and later returned in 2007. Later, they asked Hayley Williams (lead vocals/keyboards) to join the band, and through Hayley, Jeremy Davis (bass guitar) joined as well. In 2005, John Janick, founder of record label Fueled by Ramen, signed a contract with them. Prior to forming Paramore, the other members of what was soon to be Paramore had been "edgy about the whole female thing" of having Williams as singer, but as they were good friends, she began writing with them, and eventually became a member. The band was eventually signed to a deal on Fueled by Ramen. The band released their first album, All We Know Is Falling, without him. For this time, Davis was replaced by John Hembree. He rejoined soon afterwards and was present on the band's second album, Riot!. Davis also plays bass on the live albums The Final Riot! and Live in the UK. The band's third album, Brand New Eyes, was released on September 29, 2009. Their fourth album, Paramore, was released in 2013. It was announced on December 14, 2015 that Davis would no longer be in the band, and that Paramore would continue as a duo.
In February 2016, Davis became embroiled in a legal battle with Williams, claiming writing credits and a portion of the royalties from Paramore's self-titled album, as well as a share of the band's touring revenue and other income. Williams claimed that Davis was merely an employee of Varoom Whoa, the business entity that operates Paramore, of which she claims to be the sole owner.
- Hayley Williams; Josh Farro (2007-06-26). ASL's Exclusive Interview With Paramore. Interview with Joshua Martin. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- Josh Farro; Bob Krenchaw; Jeremy Davis (2006-07-14). Interview With Paramore. Interview with cathyreay. Archived from the original on March 26, 2008. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "Paramore - These last few years have held some of the most... - Facebook".
- "Paramore part ways with bassist Jeremy Davis". Alternative Press.
- "Paramore, former bassist embroiled in legal battle". The Tennessean. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Rack Review w/Paramore's Jeremy Davis. 30 November 2010 – via YouTube.
- Justin Harp (2011-10-03). Paramore's Jeremy Davis weds British hippie Kathryn Camsey. digitalspy.co.uk
- "Jeremy Davis on Twitter". Twitter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeremy Davis.|