||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
Farro playing with Paramore on the Warped Tour in 2007
|Birth name||Joshua Neil Farro|
September 29, 1987 [|
Voorhees Township, New Jersey, United States
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop punk, indie rock, emo|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, guitarist, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Novel American, Paramore|
|Fender Josh Farro custom shop model|
Joshua Neil "Josh" Farro (born September 29, 1987) is an American rock guitarist and songwriter best known as the former lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the alternative rock band Paramore, and is currently the lead vocalist and guitarist of the self-named band Farro. He is also known as being the lead guitarist and songwriter in Novel American, a band he formed soon after his departure from Paramore. Farro also has a younger brother named Zac who is currently the sole member of Half Noise and formerly the drummer of Paramore.
Farro was born in Voorhees Township, New Jersey on September 29, 1987. He is the second-oldest of his other four siblings, including former Paramore drummer Zac Farro. Farro is three quarters Italian. He is a self-taught guitarist, and began playing when he was 13 years old.
Along with his younger brother Zac, Farro was a founding member of Paramore serving as the band's lead guitarist and backing vocalist from 2004 until him and his brother's exit in late 2010. Farro also served as the band's key songwriter during this period, co-writing almost every track on Paramore's first three albums with Hayley Williams (and occasionally Taylor York).
Departure and blog controversy
On December 21, 2010, a blog appeared online claiming to be an official exit statement from the Farro brothers. The blog was heavily critical of Williams' family, Atlantic Records, and Fueled by Ramen. Additionally, it includes an alternate explanation of the band's formation, refuted statements made by the band's website announcement and regarding the brothers' departure, and negated previous claims that dissension amongst the band was healed during the writing of Brand New Eyes.
Despite the band's previous mention of fraudulent blogs regarding the event, Farro recently appeared in a video on YouTube claiming that the blog was genuine. The video has since been removed for reported violations of the website's sexual content policy. Farro re-uploaded the video a few days later.
Novel American (2011–2014)
On February 2, 2011, Farro announced and established a Twitter account for his new band, Novel American. The band includes his high school friends Van Beasley, Tyler Ward and Ryan Clark, each formerly of the band Cecil Adora. Unlike in Paramore, Farro is relegating himself to guitar in the new project, saying "I never wanted to sing. My voice — and this is not false humility — is just not that good."
On May 23, 2014, Farro stated he has scrapped Novel American primarily due to the lack of a suitable vocalist. As a result, according to his Twitter he has started a new band with himself on lead vocals and guitars, accompanied by Zac on drums. The name of this project is Farro and on Thursday November 27, 2014 they unveiled their first song named "Color Rush", which was released with an official music video.
Other musical endeavours
Josh has recorded unreleased solo tracks. These tracks include:
- "Plane Crash Dreams" featuring Hayley Williams
- "I Had a Revelation" 
- "So Much More" 
- "Worry" 
- "We'll wait for love this time"
He was one of three co-writers to the song "This is Amazing Grace". It was Josh Farro, Jeremy Riddle and Phil Wickham who wrote the song and it is featured on both, Bethel Music's (Bethel Church) live CD/DVD "For The Sake Of The World" where Jeremy performed it, as well as on Phil Wickham's album "The Ascension".
- Fender Josh Farro custom shop model 
- Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Deluxe
- Fender Telecaster American Standard
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Fender Stratocaster
- Gibson Les Paul Classic 
- Burns London Double Six 12-string guitar (Studio - bridge of "Brick by Boring Brick")
- Taylor Acoustic (312ce)
- Taylor Acoustic (712ce) [Mtv Unplugged performance - Paramore]
- BOSS Chromatic Tuner
- BOSS DD-20 Giga Delay (x2) 
- Digitech Whammy
- Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
- Keeley Katana Boost pedal (used on "Turn It Off")
- Voodoo Labs Power Supply
- Marshall JCM2000 Dual Super Lead head (Along with a Mesa Rectifier Angled 4x12 Cab)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
- Marshall JTM 45 (Studio - bridge of "Brick by Boring Brick")
- Mogami and George L Cables
- D'Addario EXL110 Regular Light 10-46 Gauge guitar strings (listed on D'Addario as being a user, beginning in 2009), previously a user of Ernie Ball strings.
- Sennheiser ew372 G2 wireless 
- Condran, Ed. "Paramore movin' up, just not movin' out", Bucks County Courier Times, February 25, 2006. Accessed March 17, 2011. "The Farro brothers who were born in Williams NJ met Williams four years ago."
- "Synthesis.net Paramore Being Crazy 4 Episode #2". YouTube. 2007-11-18. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-21). "Tetelestai: Josh and Zac's Exit Statement". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-22). "Tetelestai: The Truth". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-23). "Tetelestai". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- 2/2/11 (2011-02-02). "Exclusive: Josh Farro Returns With Post-Paramore Band Novel American - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Ex-Paramore members Zac and Josh Farro joins forces for new band | News". Nme.Com. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "A Note From Josh - Blog Detail". Paramore.net. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Josh Farro feat. Hayley Williams - Plane Crash Dream". YouTube. 2008-06-29. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Josh Farro - I had a revelation". YouTube. 2008-06-29. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Josh Farro - So Much More". YouTube. 2008-06-29. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Zac Farro - Worry". YouTube. 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Phil Wickham - This Is Amazing Grace - Behind The Song". YouTube. 2013-07-07.
- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=687442614619532&set=vb.114683948562071&type=2&theater. Missing or empty
- Gear walkthrough with Paramore's Josh Farro, youtube.com. Retrieved August 2011
- "Paramore: Ignorance [OFFICIAL VIDEO]". YouTube. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Gear Walkthrough with Paramore's Josh Farro". YouTube. 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Paramore - Josh Farro Guitar Gear Rig and Equipment". Uberproaudio.com. 2008-08-02. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Two Minutes Til Paramore... - Photo Detail". Paramore.net. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Sennheiser Artists - Paramore". Sennheiserusa.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Farro.|
- Tetelestai - Farro's blog on Blogger
- Bio at Paramore.net
- Josh Farro on Twitter
- Novel American on Twitter