||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Farro playing with Paramore on the Warped Tour in 2007
|Birth name||Joshua Neil Farro|
September 29, 1987 |
Voorhees Township, New Jersey, United States
|Occupation(s)||Musician, guitarist, songwriter|
|Fender Josh Farro custom shop model|
Joshua Neil "Josh" Farro (born September 29, 1987) is an American rock guitarist and songwriter best known as the former lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the alternative rock band Paramore. He is currently pursuing his solo career, as the lead vocalist and guitarist of his self-named band, Farro. His debut solo album, Walkways, was released on 5 February 2016 via iTunes.
Farro was born in Voorhees Township, New Jersey on September 29, 1987. He is the second-oldest of his other four siblings, including former Paramore drummer Zac Farro. Farro is three quarters Italian. He is a self-taught guitarist, and began playing when he was 13 years old.
Along with his younger brother Zac, Josh Farro was a founding member of Paramore serving as the band's lead guitarist and backing vocalist from 2004 until his exit in late 2010. Farro also co-wrote almost every track on Paramore's first three albums with Hayley Williams and occasionally Taylor York.
Departure and blog controversy
On December 21, 2010, a blog appeared online claiming to be an official exit statement from the Farro brothers. The blog entry refuted statements made by Paramore's official website regarding the brothers' departure and was heavily critical of Hayley Williams, her family, Atlantic Records and Fueled by Ramen. Farro appeared in a video on YouTube claiming that the blog was genuine. The video was quickly removed for reported violations but Farro re-uploaded it a few days later.
In May 2014, he announced on Twitter that he had scrapped his previous band, Novel American, because "nothing was going anywhere". Later that year, he announced the name of his solo project, Farro. His debut single, "Color Rush" was released in November, with a music video appearing on YouTube. Farro released his debut album, Walkways, independently on 5 February 2016. He also announced a mini tour to support the album.
Farro was in a relationship with former band mate Hayley Williams from 2004-2007. On April 3, 2010, Farro married fiancée Jenna Rice in Tennessee, missing Paramore's Pacific Rim tour to plan the nuptials. He has four siblings, Nate, Zac, Jonathan, and Isabelle.
He was one of three co-writers to the song "This is Amazing Grace". It was Josh Farro, Jeremy Riddle and Phil Wickham who wrote the song and it is featured on both, Bethel Music's (Bethel Church) live CD/DVD "For The Sake Of The World" where Jeremy performed it, as well as on Phil Wickham's album "The Ascension".
- name=Imdb>Imdb (2016). "Josh Farro". Imdb. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Condran, Ed. "Paramore movin' up, just not movin' out", Bucks County Courier Times, February 25, 2006. Accessed March 17, 2011. "The Farro brothers who were born in Williams NJ met Williams four years ago."
- "Synthesis.net Paramore Being Crazy 4 Episode #2". YouTube. 2007-11-18. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-21). "Tetelestai: Josh and Zac's Exit Statement". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-22). "Tetelestai: The Truth". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "A Note From Josh - Blog Detail". Paramore.net. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Phil Wickham - This Is Amazing Grace - Behind The Song". YouTube. 2013-07-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Farro.|