This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Farro playing with Paramore on the Warped Tour in 2007
|Birth name||Joshua Neil Farro|
September 29, 1987 |
Voorhees Township, New Jersey, U.S.
Joshua Neil "Josh" Farro (born September 29, 1987) is an American guitarist, Singer, and songwriter best known as the former lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the rock band Paramore. He is currently pursuing his solo career, as the lead vocalist and guitarist of his self-named band, Farro. His debut solo album, Walkways, was released on 5 February 2016 via iTunes.
Farro was born in Voorhees Township, New Jersey on September 29, 1987. He is the second-oldest of his four other siblings, including Paramore drummer Zac Farro. Farro is three quarters Italian. He is a self-taught guitarist, and began playing when he was 13 years old.
Along with his younger brother Zac Farro, Josh Farro was a founding member of Paramore serving as the band's lead guitarist and backing vocalist from 2004 until his exit in late 2010. Farro also co-wrote almost every track on Paramore's first three albums with Hayley Williams and occasionally Taylor York.
Departure and blog controversy
On December 21, 2010, a blog appeared online claiming to be an official exit statement from the Farro brothers. The blog entry refuted statements made by Paramore's official website regarding the brothers' departure and was heavily critical of Hayley Williams, her family, Atlantic Records and Fueled by Ramen. Farro appeared in a video on YouTube claiming that the blog was genuine. The video was quickly removed for reported violations but Farro re-uploaded it a few days later.
Novel American (2011–2014)
On February 2, 2011, Farro announced and established a Twitter account for his new band, Novel American. The band includes his high school friends Van Beasley, Tyler Ward and Ryan Clark, each formerly of the band Cecil Adora. Unlike in Paramore, Farro is relegating himself to guitar in the new project, saying "I never wanted to sing. My voice — and this is not false humility — is just not that good."
On May 23, 2014, Farro stated he had scrapped Novel American primarily due to the lack of a suitable vocalist.
In May 2014, he announced on Twitter that he had scrapped his previous band, Novel American, because "nothing was going anywhere". Later that year, he announced the name of his solo project, Farro. His debut single, "Color Rush" was released in November 2014, with a music video appearing on YouTube. Farro released his debut album, Walkways, independently on 5 February 2016. He also announced a mini tour to support the album. On May 19 2017, He announced on twitter that he is writing for a new record.
- Fender Josh Farro custom shop model 
- Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Deluxe
- Fender Telecaster American Standard
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Fender Stratocaster
- Gibson Les Paul Classic 
- Burns London Double Six 12-string guitar (Studio - bridge of "Brick by Boring Brick")
- Taylor Acoustic (312ce)
- Taylor Acoustic (712ce) [Mtv Unplugged performance - Paramore]
- BOSS Chromatic Tuner
- BOSS DD-20 Giga Delay (x2) 
- Digitech Whammy
- Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
- Keeley Katana Boost pedal (used on "Turn It Off")
- Voodoo Labs Power Supply
- Electro-Harmonix Neo clone
- Marshall Guv'nor
- Bondi effects sick as
- Marshall JCM2000 Dual Super Lead head (Along with a Mesa Rectifier Angled 4x12 Cab)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
- Marshall JTM 45 (Studio - bridge of "Brick by Boring Brick")
- Mogami and George L Cables
- D'Addario EXL110 Regular Light 10-46 Gauge guitar strings (listed on D'Addario as being a user, beginning in 2009), previously a user of Ernie Ball strings.
- Sennheiser ew372 G2 wireless 
He was one of three co-writers to the song "This is Amazing Grace". It was Josh Farro, Jeremy Riddle and Phil Wickham who wrote the song and it is featured on both, Bethel Music's (Bethel Church) live CD/DVD "For The Sake Of The World" where Jeremy performed it, as well as on Phil Wickham's album "The Ascension".
- name=Imdb>Imdb (2016). "Josh Farro". Imdb. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Condran, Ed. "Paramore movin' up, just not movin' out", Bucks County Courier Times, February 25, 2006. Accessed March 17, 2011. "The Farro brothers who were born in Williams NJ met Williams four years ago."
- "Synthesis.net Paramore Being Crazy 4 Episode #2". YouTube. 2007-11-18. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-21). "Tetelestai: Josh and Zac's Exit Statement". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Josh_Farro (2010-12-22). "Tetelestai: The Truth". Joshnfarro.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- 2/2/11 (2011-02-02). "Exclusive: Josh Farro Returns With Post-Paramore Band Novel American - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Ex-Paramore members Zac and Josh Farro joins forces for new band | News". Nme.Com. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Gear walkthrough with Paramore's Josh Farro, youtube.com. Retrieved August 2011
- "Paramore: Ignorance [OFFICIAL VIDEO]". YouTube. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Gear Walkthrough with Paramore's Josh Farro". YouTube. 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Paramore - Josh Farro Guitar Gear Rig and Equipment". Uberproaudio.com. 2008-08-02. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Two Minutes Til Paramore... - Photo Detail". Paramore.net. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Sennheiser Artists - Paramore". Sennheiserusa.com. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "A Note From Josh - Blog Detail". Paramore.net. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "Phil Wickham - This Is Amazing Grace - Behind The Song". YouTube. 2013-07-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Farro.|