Jerry Hill (born October 12, 1939) is a former professional American football running back for the National Football League's Baltimore Colts. He is a native of Lingle, Wyoming.
University of Wyoming
Hill played his collegiate football for Wyoming Cowboys football. He was an All-Skyline Conference running back in 1959 and 1960, and was part of the 1958 Wyoming Cowboys football team that won the Sun Bowl. Jerry Hill was selected as Wyoming Football's player of the 20th Century in 1992. He finished his collegiate career with 1,374 rushing yards on 288 carries. He was named as an Honorable Mention All-American in 1959 and 1960.
Beginning in the 1961 season he played for eight seasons with the Baltimore Colts, playing in both Super Bowl III and Super Bowl V.
Awards and honors
- All Skyline Conference Running Back, 1959
- All Skyline Conference Running Back, 1960
- Inducted into Wyoming Cowboys Hall of Fame, October 29, 1993.
- Member of 1958 Sun Bowl Champions
- Member of 1968 NFL Champions
- Member of Super Bowl V Champions
- Wyoming Football Player of the 20th Century
- Namesake of the Colt 45 malt liquor