Lowry in October 2014.
March 29, 1993 |
St. Louis, MO, USA
|Height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team||Winnipeg Jets|
|NHL Draft||67th overall, 2011
Lowry was born on March 29, 1993 in St. Louis, Missouri, where his father, Dave, was a member of the St. Louis Blues. In 2008, Lowry was drafted in the fourth round, 78th overall by the Swift Current Broncos at the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft. Despite being drafted, Lowry played one more season of minor hockey with the Calgary Rangers of the Alberta Midget Hockey League.
On August 27, 2009, Lowry signed a WHL contract with his draft team, the Swift Current Broncos. In his rookie season with the Broncos, Lowry scored 15 goals and 34 points in 61 games played as a 16-year-old. Lowry won the Daryl K. (Doc) Seaman Trophy as scholastic player of the year.
Entering his second season with the Broncos, Lowry became ill with mononucleosis prior to training camp. As a result, Lowry was unable to play in August and September 2010. Despite his early season illness, Lowry finished the season with 18 goals and 45 points in 66 games played as the Broncos failed to advance to the WHL playoffs. For the second consecutive season, Lowry was the Eastern Conference nominee for the Daryl K. (Doc) Seaman Trophy; however, was unable to defend his title from the previous season, losing the award to Colin Smith of the Kamloops Blazers.
Following his season with the Broncos, Lowry was ranked 58th among North American skaters by the NHL Central Scouting Bureau heading into the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and improvement over his ranking of 62nd at the midway point of the season. On June 25, 2011, Lowry was drafted in the third round, 67th overall by the Winnipeg Jets.
On April 4, 2013, Adam Lowry was signed to an amateur tryout contract with the St. John's IceCaps. Lowry ended up playing the 2013-14 AHL season, with the Ice Caps. Lowry was promoted to the Winnipeg Jets for the 2014-15 NHL season. In December 2015 he was sent down go the Manitoba Moose's after poor performance over the season.
Despite being born in St. Louis, Missouri, Lowry was raised in Calgary, Alberta where his father, Dave, was an assistant coach for the NHL's Calgary Flames. Lowry's older brother, Joel, is also an ice hockey player who plays for Cornell University and, like Adam, was drafted in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, in the fifth round, 140th overall by the Los Angeles Kings. Lowry also resided in Miami, Florida and San Jose, California as a result of his father's career.
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||61||15||19||34||57||3||0||1||1||6|
|2010–11||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||66||18||27||45||84||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||36||12||25||37||90||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||72||45||43||88||102||5||3||2||5||4|
|2012–13||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||9||0||1||1||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||64||17||16||33||49||17||2||3||5||16|
Awards and achievements
|WHL Daryl K. (Doc) Seaman Trophy||2009–10|
|WHL Four Broncos Memorial Trophy||2012-13|
- "Three Broncos taken in NHL Entry Draft". The Southwest Booster. 2011-06-25.
- "Swift Current Broncos sign four players". Western Hockey League. 2009-08-27. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- "Lowry misses, Broncos wins scholastic award". Prairie Post. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- Kimelman, Adam (2011-06-15). "Lowry still getting used to plus-size frame". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- "Central Scouting rankings - North American skaters". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
- Cruickshank, Scott (2011-06-26). "Lowry brothers beaming after both got picked". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Cruickshank, Scott (2011-06-22). "Lowry brothers taking different paths". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Adam Lowry's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Adam Lowry's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Winner of the Daryl K. (Doc) Seaman Trophy