John A. Pyle
John Adrian Pyle|
4 April 1951
Davy Medal (2018)
|Thesis||Some problems in the numerical modelling of the atmosphere (1977)|
John Adrian Pyle CBE FRS is a British atmospheric scientist, Director of the Centre for Atmospheric Science in Cambridge, England. He is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge, and since 2007 has held the "1920 Chair of Physical Chemistry" in the Chemistry Department. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society and of St Catharine's College, Cambridge.
Pyle is known for his extensive work on atmospheric chemistry and its interactions with climate. His early research was focusing on issues related to stratospheric ozone depletion but in the following decades his work has expanded in a variety of chemistry and climate-related fields.
- "PYLE, Prof. John Adrian". Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press.(subscription required)
- Pyle, John; Harris, Neil (2013). "Joe Farman (1930–2013) Discoverer of the ozone hole". Nature. 498 (7455): 435. Bibcode:2013Natur.498..435P. doi:10.1038/498435a.
- John A. Pyle's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Marenco, A.; Thouret, V. R.; Nédélec, P.; Smit, H.; Helten, M.; Kley, D.; Karcher, F.; Simon, P.; Law, K.; Pyle, J.; Poschmann, G.; Von Wrede, R.; Hume, C.; Cook, T. (1998). "Measurement of ozone and water vapor by Airbus in-service aircraft: The MOZAIC airborne program, an overview". Journal of Geophysical Research. 103: 25631. Bibcode:1998JGR...10325631M. doi:10.1029/98JD00977.
- Prather, M. (2003). "Fresh air in the 21st century?". Geophysical Research Letters. 30 (2). Bibcode:2003GeoRL..30.1100P. doi:10.1029/2002GL016285.
- Yang, X.; Cox, R. A.; Warwick, N. J.; Pyle, J. A.; Carver, G. D.; O'Connor, F. M.; Savage, N. H. (2005). "Tropospheric bromine chemistry and its impacts on ozone: A model study". Journal of Geophysical Research. 110. Bibcode:2005JGRD..11023311Y. doi:10.1029/2005JD006244.
- Zeng, G. (2003). "Changes in tropospheric ozone between 2000 and 2100 modeled in a chemistry-climate model". Geophysical Research Letters. 30 (7). Bibcode:2003GeoRL..30.1392Z. doi:10.1029/2002GL016708.
- Webster, C. R.; May, R. D.; Toumi, R.; Pyle, J. A. (1990). "Active nitrogen partitioning and the nighttime formation of N2O5in the stratosphere: Simultaneous in situ measurements of NO, NO2, HNO3, O3, and N2O using the BLISS diode laser spectrometer". Journal of Geophysical Research. 95: 13851. Bibcode:1990JGR....9513851W. doi:10.1029/JD095iD09p13851.
- "No. 61803". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2016. p. N9.
|This biographical article about a climatologist or meteorologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|